You are here

Happy Thanksgiving?

StorybookGirl's picture

So, per the custody agreement put in place by the court, the child is supposed to spend half the day with mom and half the day with dad. We were not doing anything special on this day (did the holiday with his family last weekend, and with my family tomorrow), so he gave her the option of time. She wanted the afternoon and it was decided that a 2:00 drop off would work and she would have him until 8.

So the BF and I leave to go get some dinner because I've been baking all afternoon for tomorrow and he said I was cooking enough for today. We are almost to our destination which also happens to be very near the agreed place for exchanges for the child when he gets a text saying "on your way to the apartment." It is 6:15, nearly two hours before the agreed upon time. He texts her back that 1. She is no longer allowed at our apartment PERIOD, and 2. We are not there as we are out to have dinner but will be at the usual place at 8. Her response is "Fine, I take him home with me and you get him on Sunday." Now it is her weekend to have him, but she knows we are going to my family tomorrow. She also knows the child is on prescription antibiotics for an ear infection that won't die (likely because she smokes like a frigging chimney around the kid) and she does not have the medicine.

Long story short, we end up going to her friend's house to pick up the kid because she was playing the whole power game of "you can't make me do this." Her reason for wanting to bring him home early? "He's tired and cranky." You're a MOTHER. DEAL WITH IT. We deal with cranky, tired 2.5 year old ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Pretty much every day.

So tonight, my darling BF told her about how he will be filing paper work about the fact that she is NOT paying her child support at all. She starts blathering about how she doesn't have to pay for as many months as he claims because the judge didn't sign the paperwork until October. Thing is, there were two documents the judge signed. One was the custody case including that her child support starts in September, and it was signed in September. The October document was okaying direct deductions from her paycheck. Idiot can't even read her paperwork correctly.

Happy freaking Thanksgiving!

StorybookGirl's picture

Thing is, she is not allowed at our place, period, due to the fact that she can't respect little things like common courtesy and boundaries. So she was playing a little power trip. "You said I can't come to your place, well try and stop me" sort of thing.

My boyfriend would have called the police had she tried the whole take him home with her thing. He has the court documents to back him up on her kidnapping charges. Part of me wishes it had come to that...

Ah well, he's home now. Crazy bitch thinks she won. She won't be so happy when she gets her license and car registration revoked. Or gets served with papers citing her to be in contempt of court...