You are here

Finally, our talk worked ~ DH doesn't stand for SS's attidude with me!

ivymlk's picture

Yesterday DH told me that SS8 is not allowed to play video games for a week as punishment for not bringing his homework home from school. DH is working today and I am home with SS and BS7. I heard them get up really early this morning and I listened for a while and could hear them playing downstairs and right away I knew they were playing video games. Then I heard them come upstairs and I could tell they were getting themselves cereal (they have never done this before but ok, whatever) so I got up and when I walked out I find BS eating his cereal in the living room (which they no is a NO NO) and I see SS run from the living room to the kitchen with an open full gallon of milk. WTH! Then I said good morning, you know food isn't allowed in there blah blah blah. What have you guys been doing this morning? SS tells me he was playing with legos downstairs. I said hmm, that's funny because I heard you playing video games (getting loud, excited, blurting out what he needed to do on the game) and he said no, I know I'm not supposed to be playing them. I said I know that your are not telling me the truth and more then anything that is what makes me very upset and I asked again, were you playing video games. BS says you were "SS" don't lie and SS said yes, I was. I said why were you playing them when your dad told you they are off limits and he turns and looks at me and said with such attitude "Because I felt like it, that's why". Ok...finish your cereal and then get on your bed. No games, no toys. I sent DH a text and he ended up calling within 5 minutes and asked to speak to SS. I heard SS confessing (even about the cereal and milk in the living room) and when SS brought the phone back to me he said I am sorry I lied to you and I am sorry I had food/milk in the living room. Small step but it made me happy to hear and SO glad that even though DH usually defends this child, he did "something" about it this time. Very little thing I know but a vast improvement! SS now how has another week of no video games. He was given that for obviously disobeying but more importantly for lying to me and speaking to me with disrespect (I hate his little too bad what you say attitude)! Yay DH!! It's about time you stop letting this kid walk all over me. This is the first time I have ever seen DH give this kid a punishment.

distorted reality's picture

Alaways works out best when BOTH adults are on the same page. Very encouraging for you! Smile