You are here

Crazy MIL came to our home uninvited and almost got physical with me. Im pregnant

Crazyness's picture

I am still in shock from yesterdays drama in our house . I will try to make this short. Heres a lil background info: DH and I met on my bday 3 years ago and I moved in with him 2 weeks after. It was love at first sight..sounds cheesy but that was it. He had a daughter from a previous relationship, a one night thing and his ex is rotten, shes unstable and very controlling, always alienating his daughter from us when she didnt accept her daughter when she was a baby. I put up 2 years spending holidays with his family and the EX there. I was confused why shes with his family and it was all because of MIL. MIL thinks its best for his daughter to have her mom, dad and the whole family together. By the way MIL hated his ex in the begining because back then she was thinking like a normal person and she saw that the woman got pregnant on purpose to trap DH but he was smart enough and left and shes been living off child support and not working when she has a bachelors and can make up to $70,000 per year. When he left she got crazy, broke into his house, made a mess, she hired a detective to follow him around, when they were together(he tried to make it work) she hit him while he was sleeping just crazy stuff like that.

DH proposed to me a year after we got together-MIL wasnt happy. Btw she doesnt know me, she never spoke to me, barely exchanged 5 words for 2 years. One day we told MIL to never invite his ex to family functions anymore and she was furious and so pissed at me. I got pregnant and MIL wasnt happy again. For 9 months she never asked me 1 time how I feel or how the baby is. She ruined my baby shower, she was nasty when she was here and she was walking from room to room saying stuff like "why there arent any pics of his daughter in our bdroom and just us". She never came to see DD at the hospital when she was born. She didnt see DD until she turned like 5 months! We got married and MIL didnt go to our wedding. She made my wedding night living hell, yelling at me on the phone telling me to read my step daughter (7 y/o) a book for goodnight when it was midnight and SD was crying for her mom and I let her call her from my phone and she pul MIL made a 3 way call and put MIL on the phone to cause trouble.
She came to our house on our wedding day and sprinkled holly water all over. I woke up with a rash on my arm from the stress from the night before the wedding. That whole month of our wedding MIL and his ex tried so hard to make the wedding not happen. Btw MIL is divorced and my father in law is awesome, he did the right choice to leave her crazy butt. Ive been very dissapointed with MIL but FIL has been awesome and very supportive of us.
MIL got a phone for his daughter and she was using it to spy on us at home. Her mom made her write notes of everything we talked about. After all, in February DH's brother had a bday and MIL was there, she was nice and held DD. I thought to myself great, shes changing for good. We spent easter and mothers day together too. I was the bigger person and put everything behind me and hoped for change. I forgot to mension that MIL and ex biggest issue is that I am 23 and that DH is 38 and ex has made comments about my age, my looks and that I will never be a model (I used to model and they both googled my name and saw runway photos and prints, nothing nude like she claims) and that I am too young to be a mother and a wife. His ex and MIL are obviously jealous of my youth and our happiness. That DH has a normal family life and he no longer listens to them and lets them manipulate him. He also got his child support modified because of change in income and additional kids(our new baby and another one on the way) and of course it was my fault again. He used to pay over $1000 and they lowered it with $400..not much but fair enough. MIL and ex blame me for that too.

So yesterday we had my stepdaughter and her mom was supposed to pick her up at 7PM according to their new parenting plan but she was expecting DH to do the drop off again like he has been doing for 7 years 99% of the time. He texted her that shes responsible to pick SD up now and of course her lazy butt didnt wanted to get up from the couch and drive 5 mins( yes she moved in our neighborhood) so she calls MIL. MIL is like her slave, she lives 45 mins from us and she got up and drove to our house to get SD. We had a beautiful day and we just went to get ice cream and were pulling up home and we see MILs car. Uninvited she said that shes gonna pick up SD and DH told her "mom our new parenting plan states that SD's mom is supposed to pick her up" and MIL strikes back "ohh forget about that plan!" She had a crazy look in her eyes and I can just tell she was here for no good. She went INSIDE OUR HOUSE into the kids room, not even saying hello to my mother, not even looking at our baby girl. I was shaking, im pregnant and I wanted the crazy lady out of our happy home! She was making comments that DH and I should switch rooms with the kids and that we dont need a big bdroom, I got so mad at that point and i told her to not worry about it! She made a comment that I could have twins since it runs in his fathers family and she said basically that it wont be a good thing because SD will be completely out of the picture according to her. So many kids now that SD will no longer be #1 She opened the closet and said to DH that DD has more clothes than SD and that he needs to take her shopping. Who the hell is she to tell us what to do? Anger was building in me slowly and I told her, he payes enough child support and SDs mom doesnt work and has all the time in her hands and she can take her shopping. Right there she lost it and started screaming at me coming at me to fight me and DH had to pull her out, littarary drag her up the stairs while she had the craziest look on her eyes screaming at me that this is not my house and that I am having one baby after another to trap him when DH told her he wants 2 kids from me. She was screaming like a lunatic and all that was happening infront of my mother and my step daughter. She was saying that I am nobody and that I have naked pictures on the internet and bla bla. He finally got her out and SD had HUGE eyes and looked scared and I told MIL, he married me because he loves me, were creating a family because we both want to and she was SO angry not listening just screaming Thank God our neighbors werent outside. I told her if she dares to come one more time to our house Im gonna call the police and I am gonna ask for a restraining order on her.

This is it. She crossed the line and I will no longer try to make it work. This person is crazy and I dont want her around me and my daughter. DH was very shocked and embaressed. I have the nastiest MIL. Who breaks into someones house and tries to make rules? Who fights with a pregnant woman? Who doesnt accept their new grandchild?? Who disowns their son and makes best friends with his ex? And all the above I described. I am sure I have missed on a lot but those are the highlights that have stayed in my head. I am seriously thinking of getting us a security camera for the house after this episode. Just wanted to share and get some support. I will never let MIL and ex destroy our family. I know thats their plan. I know they see me as someone that got in the middle of him and his daughter and hes no longer their slave. They hate the fact that I am young and that he got married, what they thought was probably that I am just another girlfriend that will come and go but as time passed and we got engaged, married, had a baby, now another one on the way it seems like theyre getting angrier. I dont understand this.. theyre like terrorists, never want peace for us and always planning the next attack. Life is too short for crap like that. Be happy.

oneoffour's picture

Well it sounds like you have come to the right conclusion. Keep the toxicity out of your lives.

However think about this ... maybe the SD is the daughter she never had or her '2nd chance' at having a daughter. That may explain the nutso behaviour but certainly doesn't excuse it.

Get a restraining order on her. This way she cannot come onto your property again because she is a threat. This way lazy-arse SD mother has to collect her daughter herself.

Crazyness's picture

She has 2 sons and a daughter. Her daughter is insane like her. She was in a gang when she was young and got into all kinds of trouble. MIL used to fight physically with their father and DH is scared from it, she used to hit her kids and yesterday brought back bad memories to him Sad He is so good to her and always gives her excuses but yesterday it was an awakening for him. I think he needs to give her a lesson and stop talking to her for a while but he will never do it.

As far as the restraining order I would love to have it but I think I need evidence of her crazy behavior? I wish I had recorded her, she was like a tornadoe in our house.

Ex4life's picture

You have evidence, you have your mother who witnessed the whole thing. She can also bring up the fact that SD was a witness as well. While you do not want SD to testify or anything like that, it would give the judge a good reason to make sure SD is listed on the RO at the same time. OMG! Would that not piss her off to not be able to be around SD?? Well, again maybe that would help teach her a lesson.

Keep us updated.

oneoffour's picture

Call the local court office and ask what is needed for restraining order. Certainly follow it up if nothing else but to protect your husband from bad memories and your children from exposure to an obviously deranged woman in need of medication.

Crazyness's picture

I am gonna go to the police station tomorrow and ask. DH said that he will tell her to knock it off and that she will never come again but after what happened I need to do something about it or else it will never end and she has no limits.

Ex4life's picture

That is a good start. Be sure to offically file a report even if you do not press charges. That will help in an RO case as well as leave a trail in case she tries this again.

LizzieA's picture

Crazyness, they are jealous of you. It can happen even if you are the same age as DH (I am and his sister was incredibly jealous of me). MIL got divorced, right? So she now relates to BM as women scorned. That's what our crazy SIL did. Before that she couldn't stand BM. We got married 2 weeks after DH's divorce was final. I WAS NOT the OW, but I ended up being treated that way because that's easier than facing the fact you BLEW it BM. And SIL had been divorced about 20 years at that point and never could get someone to marry her. They also resented DH not being at their beck and call anymore. He took care of five households (his, 3 sisters and his mother).

DH is an awesome husband. BM is still alone, has BFs that never progress.

Crazyness's picture

Yeah the number 1 issue is my age and that theyre both jealous of me. I think its childish. MIL and BM realized that they have no longer control over him and now that he's married and were having children ruined their plan. Ruined BM's plan. She thought just because she trapped him with a kid he'll never get married, never have kids. I ruined everything for them. And what did we do? We did what everyone else does. Gets married, have kids, live a normal life and keep the haters away.
You should of heard the voicemail BM left after DH and I decided to throw our own bday party of SD since I got tired of being around them. DH agreed with me and BM and MIL were attacking me via emails, voicemails saying stuff to him like hes choosing me over his daughter. We still celebrated SDs bday the same day, even in their parenting plan its said in black and white that half of the day is for the father and the other half for the mother, nowhere it says that it has to be shared and everyone has to be there for one party. That was the 1st time after 6 years of him being there every time and when we went to get SD for our celebration BM "wasnt home" Wink and yeah she broke the rules and of course got DH furious which was her #1 plan. You dont go to our party, youre not gonna see your daughter! Sooo sooo tired of dealing with these 2 wackjobs

Crazyness's picture

Trust me I told DH to stop her and she just got inside from the garage, grabbed SD's hand and said to her lets go in your room. We tried not to make a scene infront of SD and after she started bossing around in the room I exploded. She was screaming over me not even letting me talk. Trust me after this she is never gonna be coming inside our home. I told her leave my house or Ill call the police and she said in a sarcastic voice "Hahah your house?" Honestly she thinks I am nobody and she is the boss and can control everyone. That person is f up in the head and needs help. I still remember her huge eyes and her agressive look, if she had her way she could of hit me. Then her ass would of been in jail. I am going to the police today and Im gonna write a report and ask what my options are.

Crazyness's picture

I went to the police today and I walked out with nothing Sad I explained them what happened and they said that its a family thing and that DH needs to talk to her and make it clear to her that she is not welcomed at our house. I thought I can at least file a report :? the lady I spoke to was elder and I felt like I was talking to a councelor. She offered counceling to MIL and DH to go with her. She also said that he can put a restraining order on her in worst case but "they doubt hell do it since shes his mother" :O and I also doubt he will, but I am the one that need it and my 10 month old. I read online that to get a restraining order I will need evidence/facts to proof to the judge that I am in danger and that MIL needs to stay away. And I dont have any proof unfortunatly Sad So I just told DH that I filed a report with the police and that now she has a record and to make it clear to her that if she comes by one more time I will call the cops and theyll take her away.

Crazyness's picture

Agreed 100% with you. Today DH told his lawyer to draw into parenting plan that no third party can pick up SD. Thats the only way to make it stop since MIL and ex don't listen.

NewBeginning's picture

Seriously..if that fucking bitch stepped foot inside my home...she'd be shot. If she dared so much to even THINK she could step inside she'd have a hole so large shot in her blockhead you'd be able to see the other side of the street by looking through her face.

Get rid of that bitch...for good.