You are here

Step Daughter's Multiple Personality

Ohtayrawr's picture

So, I am a young mom with a 3 year old Step Daughter. We get along great and I love her so much! We always go on Starbucks dates and have fun just her and I. If I tell her to do something, she does it without complaining or arguing. I also keep her apart of raising my son (6 week old). She helps out so much.

Now here is the downside. As soon as daddy comes home, she totally flips the script. She wants nothing to do with me. I give them their space because I know she doesn't see him as much since he works. I don't feel accepted when we all do anything together. If I try to play with her when he is playing with her she will get mad and start crying. If I tell her to do something simple with a very nice tone: "don't play with your food please." she will cry like I just beat her... It makes me look and feel like the bad guy. Or some mornings, she will climb in our bed and I will leave because there will be that much tension between us.

I love her so much when it's just her and I, but I dread when her daddy comes home! Sad

Kilgore SMom's picture

Dh should tell her that she is not being nice. That the way she treats you is not a good way to treat you. I would put her in time out if she were mine and acted that way.

oncechoosetosmile's picture

This can also happen in core families- kids in that age have favourites at times and normally grow out of it.Dad must be teaching her how to be respectful!!