You are here

New here, looking for advice and support!

crazylifepartyof6's picture

Hello everyone, I am new here and was looking for a place where I could share with others in similar situations, lord knows being a step parent can be rather challenging!

So my situation is long, I will try and give the reader's digest version, and answer additional questions as thy come up. My husband and I ( I have to BC and he has 2) are currently taking the BM to court. She has taken a job out of state, and is going to be gone all week, but yet she doesn't want to give up primary custody, or pay support or anything. Currently no one pays support, because over nights and incomes are equal, and she has only been working weekends, so there has been no childcare. All of that will be changing, and she will be more than doubling my husband's income, but thinks we should pay for everything because her boyfriend (who she had a child with, and ultimately ended her marriage she had with my husband) wants to quit work and go back to school, and she will have to pay his support for his kids, therefore, we should pay everything for ours! It is much more complicated than this, but that is the just of it. Oh, and papers she filed with the courts in conjuction with our filings indicate that all of this "is becuase of his new wife" Um no, it is because you are abdoning your kids!!

The other side of this is that my husband is very non-confrontational, and is having a hard time with this. And he is angry and frustrated, and takes it all out on me, while being nice, etc. to her when he sees her or talks to her!! What do I do about that??

The other element is the BM tells my step kids that they are better than my BC, and so when they come over, they lie, and can be mean to my kids (sk are 9 and 7, BC are 9 and 3) and thik special rules should be made for them because they are so much better. They go on all these lavish trips with their BM, and then rub it in to my kids when they are with us. And my husband doesn't seem to care!

Please help, I am afraid I am unjustified in being upset, or that I am doing something wrong, or just losing my mind.

crazylifepartyof6's picture

Wow, thanks for responding. It feels really good to know others out there are having similar problems. I can't believe he couldnt' find her but you were able too!! What is it about these men..it almost seems like on the surface they want to make the BM pay, but when push comes to shove..nothing! ugh! How has he been acting since you found her on face book??