You are here

Totally awful situation

Newimprvmodel's picture

To fully appreciate my situation......some facts. My ex is still living in same house as his ex fiancé and her children....their house on market......and yes stupidly my ex has been dating another woman secretly since breaking up with his fiancé. However, my children know this, and do not discuss with the ex fiancé or her children, with whom they are close. I do not condone this, and have worried how it appears to my own children..
So tonight my DD, only 14 , shares with me that while she was over their house, the ex fiancé asked her about her father's girlfriend, saying that likely he will get engaged to her, and is she nice? My daughter was stunned, and said she was nice, but then the woman's daughter, with whom my daughter is close, told her mother to stop, which she did. I feel this woman was totally out of line to involve my daughter in the craziness that is going on. Obviously this woman knows my ex has a girlfriend, I understand how awful it must be living in same house with the person that dumped you, but she was out of line.. I will not tell my ex, but maybe give her a call if it continues?

Newimprvmodel's picture

It supposedly has been a secret........my kids know never to discuss the girlfriend with the ex fiancée. If I were the ex, I would be losing it too....imagine living in the same house for the past two years with your ex? I am going to do nothing at this point and cut the woman some slack, but if she continues, I will call her and ask her to keep her daggers to herself. It sounds like she is now painting my kids with the same brush as our ex. I hope my kids don't lose the close bond with her kids. Crazily they are step siblings who actually bonded and love each other! I hope that this woman doesn't ruin it! Her kids have ben to my home and I have made sure to make them feel welcome. I am curious stepaside, what would you do?

Newimprvmodel's picture

Well my daughter just told me that my kids can not sleep over their dad's this weekend (his visitation) because Jane doe has medical tests and needs to go to bed early. hmmmmmmm.. Sounds fishy. Sounds like she likely is giving "our" ex a hard time. He deserves it, but I would hate to see her ruin our daughters relationship with each other.. They have considered themselves sisters for over 8 years now........
The kids will do things with their father, just not be at his house..

Justme54's picture

You can not control this woman but you can give your daughter advise. I would tell you daughter, if this woman ask questions...reply...I like you but my dad is my dad..you should have this talk with my dad...NOT Me. This will be an education to daughter as protecting herself from drama. Is seem this woman has a good relationship with you daughter. She is not doggie your ex...be grateful for that. You should put your foot up your ex's ass for exposing his kids to his TRASHY life. Myself, I be more upset with the ex, then this woman. That is just me.

Jsmom's picture

Stay the hell out of this. If your daughter is uncomfortable, you can talk to your ex. But, I would stay out of it...

Newimprvmodel's picture

I agree echo. This woman must be ready to drive a stake through his heart! He has the money to live elsewhere, but I guess wants to ensure that the house gets sold. I just worry about what effect this as on my kids. He talks to my daughter like a confidant. She knows it was an affair and that the girlfriend is not even divorced yet, so her father has yet to meet the kids. It is awful! I do think that hen the house does finally get sold, the kids not go over there as I imagine it will start looking like the movie war of the roses.. Remember that?

Newimprvmodel's picture

I guess I am having one of my moments tonight about divorce. All these kids! My kids, my husbands, this ex fiancées kids, even the girlfriends kids. All deeply effected by us so called grown ups. And it keeps on trickling down to others. I just feel rather sad tonight..

Newimprvmodel's picture

You guys are right. I have no control over this situation. I worry how this effects my daughter.. She idolizes her father. He is a jerk! My dh and I can show her what a healthy relationship is between two adults. Thanks!