You are here

what will the court do with ex ???

pat's picture
Forums: 

What is the punishment will the court do for a ex withholding children for visitation ?? Anything ??

pat's picture

Thank you, but, that is consistently. So, does that mean every week , once a month? I am so drained with this stuff. Sorry for venting.

caya506's picture

I would say even if it's only been a handful of times fill contempt charges. A court order is a court order and there is no reason to disobey it!

Pantera's picture

If you press contempt it could scare her into doing what she's supposed to.

As for the jail part, we are going through a contempt hearing for child support and they will put people in jail for that. I apologize. Im not sure about contempt for visitation, but it may be a good scare tactic.

imagr8tma's picture

We are going through the same things. BM is blocking visitation even after going to court last year for alienation.

I don't think they will put her in jail.... but hopefully they will arrange for time to be given back and make her pay for the court costs.

I think they try to just do warnings at first. .. . . which is a shame. BM can read the court order just fine when it comes to child support and money owed to her....... but not when it comes to visitation. Just bogus.

courts need to get more stringent on wrong doing!