You are here

SURPRISE! SD IGNORED OUR X-MAS GIFTS!!!

dragonfly's picture

not that i was surprised but my husband finally saw what i've been telling him all along about sd being materialistic. this year my hd decided not give her toys because i made him realise that she does not play with them at all by the way sd is 8. my hd gave her clothes, my husbands parents gave her shoes and a scooter, brother in law gave her clothes also and my brother gave her a bratz horse by the way she loves horses. well she loved the horse, the scooter and her clothes so much that on Christmas morning she wore clothes that she already had and asked my husband to let her play on the computer and my dumb@$$ husband did.

that just pissed me off soooo much that my husband didn't realise that my sd did not care about her presents. she did not even get the horse,which she loves, or the scooter out of the car not to mention the clothes. i don't know if my husband is ignoring all this or he is just dumb. i had to point all these things to him otherwise he would have let her play on the computer still. she was then forced to get the horse out of the package and wear her new clothes. i would pass by the room where she was "playing" and she was would pretend to be playing when ever we would pass by.

later that day we went to my mom's house and sd had to be told to take her scooter so she could play with my niece. while she was playing and having "fun" she called her mom and when she hung up she told my husband that she wanted to go home.why? my husband asked and she said "i miss them very much". yeah right she just wanted to go because bm told her of all the presents she had wating for her. well sd did not get her way so she got mad and stopped having "fun". she made us all know that she was mad cause she went into my nieces room and stayed there the rest of the night until she was invited to go to my neighbors house.

did any of you go through something similar?
what do you all think of this situation?

frustratedinMA's picture

Had a similiar situation...

We got my sd9 an american girl doll that she could bring home to bm's place (since bm wouldnt get her one nor would she allow SD9 to buy one w/her own $$), she also got a mp3 player, a watch and some things from her grandparents and uncles...

She ignored the doll. She had been asking for this doll for a YEAR.. we got her the doll (rather I did.. ) and she ignored it. It wasnt from me.. it was from Santa. The doll sat there in the box for the longest time. When I asked her later in the day if she was excited about the doll to take to her mom's.. she SHRUGGED!!! that was a $120 SHRUG.... GRRRRR The doll didnt come out of the box until about 5pm that day. We were up at 6am opening presents. She did listen to the MP3 player for a bit... she was more interested in playing w/the gifts that her 5 1/2 yr old cousin got.

I think my SD9 will be getting less for xmas next year. The items will also not be high sticker items again.

dragonfly's picture

MY SD WAS ALSO MORE INTERESTED WITH MY 2 YEAR OLD NIECE'S PRESENT, WHICH WAS A "COLOR WONDER" PAD AND COLORS. SHE EVEN TOOK MY NIECE INTO ANOTHER ROOM AND OPENED THE COLOR WONDER FOR HER WHEN MY NIECE DID NOT EVEN WANT TO. I ASKED WHY SHE HAD OPENED IT AND SHE SAID NOTHING AND I KNOW THAT MY NIECE DID NOT WANT TO OPEN IT YET CAUSE SHE WAS PLAYING WITH SOMETHING ELSE WHEN SD TOOK HER INTO THE OTHER ROOM.

MY 2 NIECES WERE SO EXCITED WITH THEIR PRESENTS THAT THEY GOT THEM OUT OF THE PACKAGES AND BEGAN TO PLAY WITH THEM RIGHT AWAY. BUT NOT SD I THINKT ALL SHE WANTED TO DO WAS GET OUT OF THERE AND GO TO HER MOM'S WERE SHE KNWE SHE WAS GOING TO GET WHAT SHE REALLY WANTED.

frustratedinMA's picture

I dont know what my sd's problem was.. I know her mom doesnt do nearly as much for them on xmas as we do...

I honestly think that my sd is a spoiled rotten brat. I also think she knew what she was getting for xmas from "santa" (who I know she doesnt believe in.. because her mom has been telling her since she was 4 that there was no such thing)..

My niece5 and my ss9 were thrilled w/their gifts and started playing immediately and wanted to look at each thing seperately.. sd9 on the other hand went ripping into all her gifts and was indifferent toward all of them. After she was done ripping through the gifts.. she didnt go back to peruse any of her gifts..

Her grandmother (my MIL) got her birthstone earrings and she just shrugged at them.. She did the shrugging thing a lot last year.

Now.. if that all wasnt bad enough. I have to watch this play out all over again, only w/my family on Jan 5th.. (that is when we will be able to celebrate because we went away to visit my inlaws...) So I get to watch her do the shrugging and indifferent thing a week from tomorrow.. Yippie..

I used to LOVE the holidays.. now I just cant wait for them to be over.. HOW SAD!

Mary Louise's picture

Tell your inlaws that they can return most of the gifts meant for her and recoup some of their money, as she won't appreciate them. Who says you have to replay it?

sixxnguns's picture

my family gave stepson presents this year and he blew them all off cause his grandma outdid everyone of course. So I took it upon myself to return the things he didn't appreciate and gave the money back to my family...my family is simple and doesn't overdo things on Christmas and it's been that way since I was a child which is why I have told my daughter "Santa won't always being you what you ask for" And she knows this, SS gets whatever he asks for so my family's gifts weren't good enough...it's too bad they're turning this child into a monster Sad He does have the potential to be a good kid..but noone cares except BF and me.

dragonfly's picture

my husband had a talk with her 2 days before Christmas about donating her toys because she does not play with them cause all she does is watch tv. we both explained how other kids don't get a anything for Christmas and about how poor these kids are. my husband even cried infront of her when he began to expain how happy he was last year when he saw how excited she was when she opened those presents. she did nothing not even a sorry came out of her and she said she did not want to donate any of her toys and that she was going to play with them. well she did not hug dad or said sorry after he cried like a sissy and she did not play with toys after she only pretended she was.

JezRose's picture

Yep, I overheard my SS telling his mom about the things we'd given him for Christmas saying "it was little stuff, but it was ok." Even just those little things and bringing him to our home for the holidays has broken the bank.

I suppose he expected electronics, which we so obviously cannot afford. He's 15 - at this age, he's lucky he didn't just get a $20 gift card to Jerk-off Step-teens R Us.

dragonfly's picture

do they change? cause we try to teach her everytime she's with us or im i really FU@&ED. i don't want to put with this crap cause i can just imagine how its going to be when she becomes a teenager she might end up at JERK-OFF STEP-TEENS R US!

kathleen's picture

My skids came over. No hi, opened presents, put them in their to go bag, no thank you, waiting slumped, stood frozen, hid, left, no good bye.

I said GOOD BYE alright!!!!!!