You are here

Out of town with SD12

newmom35's picture

DH, me, BS2, and SD12 are going out of town for the weekend. DH will be busy in meetings most of the time, so I am FORCED to keep SD company all day. Not fair. If DH wants her to go, he should be hanging out, too. He says he wants her to go, because he wants us (me and her) to hang out "we can't avoid each other forever." I said that I was planning to. When we are at events (family or wherever) we are polite, but it's fake. We don't really hang out we just do our own thing.

She's embarrassing - dresses sl@tty and has an attitude 90% of the time. Sometimes she is down right rude!

Sad

I wanted to meet up with a friend, too. Now it's going to be uncomfortable and probably completely annoying.

theoutsider's picture

Well, I feel for you. FSD12 is starting to behave more and more like her Mom. I'm not really sure what to think of it, she says she can't stand her and yells at her all the time, but will glue her ass right next to her whenever BM shows up to a sporting event for the kids. I don't get it.

SD12 has also recently been backtalking me, or flat out saying "no" to my face when I ask her to do something. I don't know where it's all coming from.

FDH also "volunteers" my time to do things with her and the other kids. Like just recently I got a half day off work as a reward for "hitting my goals" at work. I tell FDH, he suggests in front of the kids that I take them to ABC places that they have been dieing to do,....Um, no, set me up to look like a bitch to tell the kids I don't want to take them, that I want MY time to MY reward and do with it what I WANT,.....

SummerMomma719's picture

My DH doesn't volunteer my time with her. In fact he doesn't do much with her either. She has no interest or care to be bothered. I avoid looking at her or talking t her as much as possible. If she talks to me I respond of course but never initiate conversation. I could care less.

EvilWickedSM's picture

I would tell him that forcing you two to be together is not doing anyting to help the relationship. You both will resent it if it's not done by choice. I wouldn't want her to go along either. I would tell DH that if, as her parent, he isn't able to entertain her while on the trip then she should stay home.