You are here

Husband issues

kelly_RN's picture

The kids have spring break this week and because I couldn't take off work, my kids are home with a sitter. My DH and SS9 and SD11 are going away for the week, including Easter, to his mom's. My bio kids are going to be spending the holiday weekend with their father. So I made plans to have a girl's trip this weekend. When I told my DH where we planned on going (New Orleans), he immediately got angry and "hurt" and has given me the cold shoulder since. He says he's upset that we talked about going to New Orleans together and so he's hurt that I'm going without him. He also said that I have told him we couldn't go because I couldn't afford it. The difference is when I'm going with my girlfriend, I'm only paying for myself. If my husband and I went, I'd be paying for us both because that's how it usually happens. Am I wrong? I'm at the point that I don't care that he's upset because (1) I don't have to ask permission to go somewhere and (2) I pay the majority of the bills and mortgage. I'm not asking him to contribute anything. If I want to go somewhere and I'm paying for it, what right does he have to get angry? I'm not angry that he's taking his kids for the week to Michigan without me. Why is this ok for him?????

Acratopotes's picture

because he's an idiot.

Simply tell him - well we can go together but you need to hand me half of the holiday money now...

why are you paying for majority of house hold expenses? Stop DH needs to pay his half as well... he can afford a week holiday thus he can start contributing to house hold expenses

kelly_RN's picture

The thought process behind the finances is I have 3 kids while he has 2. His are only with us 50% of the time while mine are home 90%. We make about the same amount of money and while I receive child support, he pays it. I'm mostly ok with how the finances are laid out. I'm just annoyed that he can give me crap for spending money on myself when the finances are set up the way they are. I'm a little at "how dare he...."

Rags's picture

Let me get this right. He is going on a week long Spring Break trip with his kids and he is lamenting your taking a girls weekend to NO?

Really? :? :jawdrop:

KittyKatMomma's picture

serve him a dose of shutthefuckupcake!
I've been with DH for 10yrs and he's never griped any of times I took DD13
(we share no children) for weekend trips or week long vacations.
He has the option to do the same but chooses not to.

Tell your husband if he wants to plan a family vacation or a couples getaway for the two of you
he better start planning and SAVING.

notasm3's picture

You should be at the "how dare he" stage with that manboy.

Have fun. We're going to be there in a few days.