You are here

FB friends?

savemysanity's picture

How many of you on ST are FB friends? I have one from here, and LOVE it. Steptalk is great, but FB just seems more personal. I need all the understanding FB friends that I can get.

savemysanity's picture

lol....I don't know, I just feel more of a connection with some people here than people that I know in real life. I live in a small town and really don't personally know any stepmoms. Sad

savemysanity's picture

I think it really gives us more honest insight. Not to mention, that if I post something out of the way, I have someone holding me accountable.

savemysanity's picture

If you want to add me, you can private message me. I have 3 step daughters, ages 21, 16, and 14, so if you think we may have something in common, let me know. I think we ALL need ALL the support we can get!!!!

JennSunnySideUp's picture

Seriously! I love this post.

I often find myself imagining what you all look like, stuff like that.

I'd love to be friends with any of my StepTalk companions. Smile

JennSunnySideUp's picture

:jawdrop: whaaaaaat!!!! Jealous!

I say we all start having an annual Step Talk cruise together Dirol

No DH, no Skids.. Just us poor, battered and beleaguered Steps

Igiveupsotornupinside's picture

Not facebook friends with anyone yet but would be as long as the trust was there, I do have one person that I email back and forth with but no facebook friends yet.

savemysanity's picture

ehhhh....I drank too much and lost it on FB last night. On second thought, you all may not want to be friends with me! lol!

Igiveupsotornupinside's picture

Haha! That is hilarious! Sounds like something I would do after drinking too much wine!

savemysanity's picture

My SO's ex is a hateful demon, SO and I both have her blocked. However, SO and I are both FB friends with my ex-husband. He's a great guy, loves our kids, and all we want is what's best for them. They are three very well-adjusted, happy children that love the fact that the three of us get along. We haven't all gone out to dinner or anything....yet. lol! But I could see it happening one day.

savemysanity's picture

Hmmmmm....I don't really skype, but that may be an alternative for me. Sometimes, I feel like I should not be on fb....especially after wine.

over_the_rainbow's picture

I would consider being FB friends with a few of you Smile That makes me wonder - are there any good (and private) step-parent groups on facebook?

Honeysuckle's picture

I was wondering the same thing about private FB groups for step parents- I'm also a member of a BPD group and while not ashamed of my dx also mindful of what I comment on for privacy reasons

savemysanity's picture

I've searched for groups on FB for stepparents, but the "group" thing bugs me. BM and SKs love to make up fake profiles...I easily can imagine them finding out and joining any group I was a part of.

over_the_rainbow's picture

I belong to a couple of groups (not step-parenting, they are work-related) that are completely private. You can search all you want and no trace of them comes up. That would make it impossible for anyone who isn't invited to find a group, but it would sure as heck make it hard for any stalkers to find it! I didn't start the groups so I'm not sure how to make the setting that private, but it can be done.

MarriedaBallessWonder's picture

I'm up for it. I could really use some friends who can relate to me and what it is truly like to be a stepparent.

luchay's picture

I used to have a shop on ebay (au) and "worked" the help forums there for many years. A group of us became very close, opened our own private forum and have met up and become great RL friends, I have about 10 of them as FB friends now.

JYMCat's picture

I'm not friends with anyone from ST on FB. I'm not opposed to it. I don't really put my step parent life on FB though since I'm friends with mostly all of S/O's family. I Blocked BM's sister because my S/O and some of his family are still friends with her and she tried to cause trouble when she saw a pic I posted of me with FSD on my lap at Disneyland. If anyone wants to be friends on FB, you can PM me.

SMof2Girls's picture

I don't have any Steptalkers as FB friends, but wouldn't be opposed to it. I post nothing about BM or any custody drama on FB though .. it's honestly not anyone's business and I try to behave more maturely than some of the FB drama queens I routinely block/hide.

not2sureimsaneanymore's picture

I'm friends with a couple! And I think the more the merrier! It can also kind of validate some truths if it seems out of whack. I'll PM the ones who would like or you gals (and guys) can PM me. Smile

zerostepdrama's picture

I was on another forum for something else and there was a group of us that became really good friends. We were on the same board for probably 2 years so we got to really know each other. We are all FB friends and I consider them my real life friends, if we lived closer together, we would probably be friends.
I love them ladies!
Sadly one of them passed last year and it was awful! It didnt matter that I had never met her IRL, she was still my friend Sad

AlreadyGone's picture

I don't even do FB. Seriously. I have zero time for a real life, let alone a virtual one, lmao. Though some of you ladies would be my number one pick as FB friends, and you know who you are! Wink

luchay's picture

LOL - I get what you mean - but for me - I am sooo isolated where I live - not in terms of being in a remote area - but my friends and family all live thousands of km's away, so FB is my way to stay in touch with the people in my life who matter - not that I say much - but just having that contact and presence it's nicer than letters or phone calls in some ways.

MamaDuck's picture

I would love some new FB friends Smile I have to warn though, me and my wee fam are going on an overseas holiday soon so there will be TONNES of updates coming up lol PM if you're keen xx