You are here

Enabling

Geema's picture

Just wondering as someone who just split up from the crazy guilty biodad/skid situation - does anyone besides step moms ever stand up these idiot men? Do you find your DH trying to justify and cover up his behavior and the skids and people enabling it? Does DH pull your the meanie step mom card even though you do more parenting care taking for his skid than he does? These guilty biodads are so great at deluding themselves - has there ever been an outside intervention that worked? Or does everyone just ignore it like good ol' guilty daddy?

old-blue-eyes's picture

My dh has a mental block when it comes to his bio daughter. And in my case there ain't nothing that I can do about it. Some people just have to learn the hard way. I can't bring his relationship that he has with his daughter. He told me over & over again if I have nothing good to say about "HIS" don't say anything at all. Sooo I shut up when it comes to her. I only can control myself and not anyone else. She is beyond my comprehension. His daughter failed him or should I say she failed herself, and dh just does not want to believe what a mess she made out of her life.
If that was my bio, I believe I would disown her, and lead my life in peace if she wouldn't straighten up. I just could not keep risking my own sanity and health and everything else especially $$$. I don't need that in my life.
Are these men an idiot about having a soft heart (enabling) for their bio sibling who are like that: HELL YES!!! At the same token its sad...