You are here

Unpleasant teenager

Outonalimb68's picture

I'm just venting, but this 15 year old stepchild boy is driving me crazy. He's so entitled and lazy and disrespectful. I told him he needs to get a job to save up for a car because I'm not going to drive him around. And he said " that's something to consider." I said no, it's something to be done. He constantly misses the bus and dw has to endlessly prod him to get his schoolwork finished. He's been kicked out of school for having fireworks and for lighting a napkin on fire at school. He's in therapy, but I don't know if he talks. He only grunts at me...don't get me started on the other one. 17 trans wants to be a boy but is still attracted to boys. Says she's a gay man. Says they never want to move out. Only leaves the house for school and visiting real father. Doesn't like to bathe.

I might start drinking...

ESMOD's picture

Did you get back with your partner?   Your last post was talking about breaking up.. or is this a new step situation?

Unfortunately... I'm not sure there is much you can do if their mother and father aren't being parents.  It's not your job to transport them... and it's actually not your job (when they have two parents).. to discuss him having to work for a car.. that's something between his mom.. dad.. and him.. I would stop being available for rides.. unless you are a stay at home spouse that is relying on your wife to support you.. I would find my workload would be too rigid to be mr chauffeur.

Harry's picture

He needs mental help ASAP,   Second this kid is going nowhere. DW will support, [you will support] this kid until he in jail.  With someone paying for lawyers fee in the $ thousands.  You need to let DW go.  She has to make a choice. You or her DS.  DS can go live with his father.  Men can handle men better.   Breaking up is hard. But you know what's in front of you.  The older they get the worst they become. This is the age where mental problems grow 

Cover1W's picture

Why are you back? Did she promise you things would change? Did you think things would change?