You are here

Looking for Assistant to this Forum

ccerulo's picture

Hey everyone,

My name is Chris and I am new to this Forum. I have 3 beautiful step-children...they also cause me a lot of stress between their BM and BD. I am looking for support and this site seems to look very helpful. Any tips or suggestions would be super appreciated. Looking to meet fellow Step-Parents. I am trying to learn the lingo and abbreviations, so please bear with me.

Thank you so much

I love dogs's picture

There should be a post on abbreviations here on general discussion from a few weeks ago. As for being a stepdad, popular belief on this forum is that you have it way easier than stepmoms- assuming your wife is the custodial parent. Let her do the parenting and financial providing for her children. You are there to support your wife but are under no obligation to provide for or parent them.

mtnwife530's picture

Hello and Welcome,

First, you will notice many on this site have some one sided view, you will hear A LOT of people telling you to "disengage". Not everyone wants to do this, not everyone needs to. Most posters are disrespected, hurt, step mothers(myself included) and the advice and suggestions given can be helpful, most because we're not alone. FYI, on the forums page, if you scroll down, there is a step/bio dads den, you might want to look at.
Hope you find some useful tips and a few friends. Good Luck!

Exjuliemccoy's picture

Welcome, ccerulo. If you look at the Menu box in the upper left corner, you'll see a F.A.Q. option. Click on that for a list of abbreviations.

queensway's picture

Welcome ccerulo. Hope you can find the help you are looking for here. This site has really helped me deal with step problems. Most of the posters offer great advice. And I would like to echo looking at the list of abbreviations. I still don't know some of them.