You are here

SS15 is normally good but has lost his mind!!

sabrienat's picture

Ok so I have 3 SS boys, ages 13, 14 & 15. All have always lived with my husband & I. I have been in the picture for 8.5 yrs. 2 months ago we had to have our 14 yo go live with his mother because he was getting out of hand and basically blowing both of us off in any way he choose. After he left things were really good. Now a week ago I turned my 15SS phone off because he was really rude to me and has been for the last 2 weeks. Generally he is the one of the 3 boys who will acknowledge that I take care of him. On mothers day he was the only one who told me happy mothers day, etc.. He gets straight A's in scholl and is pretty responsible. So when I turned his phone off apparently he knew out P/W and he turned it back on. I figured that out and turned it off again and again he turned it on. I have since changed all P/W's and now it is off for good. He has been crying to my inlaws how awful I am, and they buy into it!!! They basically think he is the victim here and he should not have been punished!@!! WTF!!!????? I called my mother in-law and told her how I felt and we both acknoweldge that they dont like me because I disipline thier precious grandsons!!! My husband is sick and tired of all the drama so he doesnt freak out or disipline like he should. He also has the guilt thing going on.... So here we are with a kid who has been coming and going all week and doing whever he wants to and basically has no consequences...By the way I heard he talking on a cell phone last night...Who knows where he got it but he was with the grandparents yesterday so....Now we dont even have that over him cause now he has a phone again.....I am so frusterated with this because I feel so powerless and I feel like the in-laws are living in some la la land....What to do???

alwaysanxious's picture

If DH doesn't back you, there isn't much you can do. Stop helping the skids that disrespect you. Don't do them any favors. "Ask dad" is your new phrase.

sabrienat's picture

I want to do that!! I just always start feeling bad...I cant seem to get past that part...