You are here

Just tough sometimes :((

Momof4MA's picture

I'm a step mother to two teenagers. 14, & 16.
I have days were I want to know what they are doing and other days i don't really care. So my step daughter lived with us last school year because she could not handle living with BM. BM is a woman who does not work, never attends any school functions, I could go on and on. They live with her and we had visitation every weekend. She even told their counselor that I brought them to that she did not have time for them.
When school was getting out last year SD could not get out quick enough. She burned every bridge with the new girls at school. ( she was one of 'the mean girls'). Mom came to her rescue and wished her away back down to her house. By this time she had no room si ce it was given to another sibling. BM is now the hero I her eyes.
So since thanksgiving we have seen her 4 times....... Only when she wants dad to buy her something DH even went down to take her out to dinner to figure out why SD was angry with us and not visiting. We attended all of her basketball games over and hour a half away. The Xmas concerts you name it. DH has even attended school trips all while maintaining g hus executive job.. SD says we're never there..... Really.
I'm so angry right now I don't feel like doing anything with or for her.
Grrr t
Any ideas how I am help myself feel better!?

lionlove's picture

I have realized no matter how hard you try, you will never gets even a thank you.
I am going through that right now. SD would be a high school drop out if it wasn't for me.
I researched and found a continuation school for her, but no one cares. Her mom did nothing.
Her dad, my partner knows nothing about the school system. All you can do is pretend to care, but
not care at all.

She sounds like she loves being the victim. They will always love being the victim of life. Better to protect your own heart.

Momof4MA's picture

You nailed it on the head. The victim is exactly what my husband says. Fortunately he understands how angry I get and he says to let it go but it is just a hard thing to do

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

I have to ditto the victim thing. It is all about being the center of attention, and if they are anything less than the CENTER, they will act out to draw the attention back to them, even if it means throwing you under the bus for no reason whatsoever!