You are here

What's wrong with SD?

ES's picture

I had posted before about my SD16 being very clingy with DH (we have her EOW). But this is just crazy. We are supposed to have her this weekend and next, so twice in a row. This weekend, there is a dance at the school. She doesn't want to go! She'd rather come here than go to the dance with her bf and friends. What's wrong with this picture???

now4teens's picture

At 16, it IS a little strange for her not wanting to hang out with her peers. Once my boys and 3 SDs hit middle school, they could not WAIT to get out of the house on weekends to hang with their friends- just the mere thought of having to hang at home with us on the weekends would be torture!

So did your DH ask her WHY she's been so clingy lately? I have a feeling there's something a little deeper going on with her, especially given the fact she doesn't want to be with her boyfriend! I think it's time for a candid talk by dad, and I would tell him not to let her off the hook with the standard teenage response of, "I don't know."

ES's picture

She told him she just didn't feel like it...And he doesn't know exactly what he is supposed to tell her. I am not sure either...What should he say??

now4teens's picture

Well, he could state the obvious- that it seems quite odd that she would WANT to spend more time with her DAD and stepmother at this age rather than with her friends and her boyfriend. Most kids at this age would rather be caught dead than to be caught at home missing a school dance!

So what's the reason for the change all of a sudden?

Was she outgoing and wanting to be with her friends previously and NOW there's a noticeable change?

Can you or DH talk to BM and find out how she's behaving when she's over there? Is the same pattern occuring when she's with BM? That could be a clue.