You are here

BM way too over protective!

mags's picture

So this is what I'm dealing with right now. I just wrote about it on another post but now I've started I have to get it all out so bear with me.

SS7 broke his arm at school about 2 weeks ago. There is no one story but the consensus seems to be that the boys were rough housing and SS got the bad end of it and fractured the radius and ulna. A few days before this, BF and I were in the ER because he seriously hurt his eye and is now on bed rest. We had decided not to tell them yet about the eye because all she would do was scare the crap out of the boy. So she's now pissed that she was the last to know about BF injury. SS could have gone back to school the day after in the splint, but she decides to punish the school for not keeping a closer eye (I admit, I would have been furious if my child had been hurt on the playground, but kids break bones; its like a rite of passage). He stays out of school bored out of his mind, and she won't even stay home with him! I got him the day after and between taking care of BF who needs eye drops every 2-3 hours and can't do anything and SS who is feeling no pain and who isn't slowing down at all, I was going nuts! I was trying to keep him from swinging his arm around and hurting himself more, meanwhile she's telling anyone who will listen that he is completely helpless! Apparently he conned her in to feeding him, dressing him, and wiping him, when he did all that almost by habit with us. If he's so helpless and she doesn't want me to be the one looking after him normally, then why am I home with him while she is at work? She foisted him off on her sister with four kids until she decided she wasn't mad at the school anymore. Now she is freaking out the the 7year old boy who gets everything dirty will not be able to keep the cast clean for three weeks. I broke my wrist a few years ago and as an adult woman who is fairly freaked out about germs, I COULDN'T EVEN KEEP MY OWN CAST CLEAN until it came off!!! She burdens SS with all these unrealistic expectations, and doesn't care that her ex, her child's father, my BF could potentially loose his eye. All she worries about is that he was taking codeine for the pain and that he would be too drunk on painkillers to be safe around SS.

WHEN WILL SHE REALIZE THAT SHE KNOWS ABSOLUTELY 0 ABOUT HEALTH AND MEDICINE!!!???? SHE HAS ALMOST 10 YEARS ON ME AND I HAVE TO RESTRAIN MYSELF FROM TELLING HER HOW STUPID SHE IS!!!!!!