You are here

DH is paying SD22 to hang out at our house!

stepmomdavis's picture

I wouldn't believe this is one of friends told me this story. My DH said he wanted to hire SD22 to do some work around the house. He said since she literally owes him hundreds of dollars he would just take whatever she earned off the debt. So yesterday they hung out in the garage. Did almost nothing. Cleaned off one table. She spent most of the afternoon going through stuff that was hers. Brought piles of crap into my house and left it on the table. I went out to see what was happening and she was throwing away my stuff! I told her not to touch my stuff but she was merrily jettisoning stuff into the garbage. I put a stop to that and left before I lost it. She was bossing her dad around and telling him what to keep and what to get rid of.

So today I have a migraine, he asks her to come over again after informing me he has changed his mind. He is paying her cash because she wants 170 dollars to go to a concert in LA. The same band is playing for free much closer to home but no that is too logical for her. I told DH tell her to get a job like everyone else! So they are outside cleaning out the shed! Never mind that we have real work that needs doing inside. Then she found 4 baby rats in the shed and for the last 2 hours has been calling people about the rats. What to do?

DH has stopped working. She has been sitting on her butt. She dragged my garden bench down the garden. I have had it with my enabling DH and his awful kid!

jam's picture

I don't know that you have posted a story that hasn't upset me. I just feel so bad for you. Your MAIN problem is your dh. He is married to his kids and his ex and seems to be unconcerned for you and your feelings, cares, wants, & desires. I am a christian and this just makes me want to cuss & grab sd by the hair!

How terribly rude for your sd to bring her stuff in and mess up your home. Don't discuss this with her or your dh. Pick it up and throw it in the trash AND take it to the curb!

When sd comes over tell her to leave and if your dh says anything tell him he can go with her!

I am so sorry but you have got to get some peace. This has been going on for too long and I don't see it getting any better.

Of course only you know what part of anyone's advise that you can take.

Sorry you have such a crappy dh

sandye21's picture

SD sees this as an opportunity to play 'alpha' on you. Throwing away your stuff and moving lawn furniture around is like a pit bull coming into your home and peeing to mark it's territory. Put your foot down and tell DH that he would be doing SD a bigger favor by coaching her to get a regular job so she can support herself and pay your off. Let him know you have no tolerance for such aggression in your home.

I had a Red Hat meeting at my house last year. One of the ladies decided to start moving food and furniture around. I was really amazed how some members thought it was just OK, like I was making too big of a deal out of it. I quit the Red Hats. She has not been invited to my home since.

Andie91801's picture

I'm sorry to hear that. My dh had to pay sd to see his sister...actually sd blackmailed him when his sister got in town but of course sd is still a perfect, wonderful princess to everyone on her mother's side...lol

I told dh I don't want her in my house and if he want to see her he should go to the restaurant. If he wants to give her money, he has to give his other kid the same amount and I will take the same amount and put it my kid's account.

A.

still learning's picture

Whoa, no no no. Your stuff is OFF LIMITS. Perhaps you need to take charge of this little work party and tell DH exactly what you want done. Clean out the gutters, weed the garden, put in a stone pathway.....

This reminds me of when DH "hired" ss30 to pay back $700 he owned him. ss30 ended up moving in for two weeks to help DH with a project since he was couch surfing at the time. ss30 did exactly 2 hours of work WHILE DH was working with him. Other than that he stayed up all night, played online games, slept all day, ate all the food in sight and smoked pot. DH tried to get him to work on the weekends with him and ss30 replied, "you know I don't work weekends." This happened early in our marriage, it was then I realized "Oh HELL NO."

stepmomdavis's picture

Nope, not a hoarder. He just wanted an excuse to spend time with her. She will only spend time with him if there is money involved. We didn't need help.