You are here

My stepdaughter sucks the happiness out of me. I hope I'm not the only one.

Ally26's picture

I am very unhappy with the ways things are with me and the stepdaughter. It all started with her jealousy of the relationship me and my niece have. I also feel like she doesn't appreciate anything I do for her. She is very ungrateful and has a really bad attitude. She pouts and crys a lot. She is a very unhappy kid. I feel like she doesn't like my niece or me very much. It's not just my niece its any kid that I give attention to she pouts and crys. So much has happened the last few years and I have no idea how to fix things.

canboy2012's picture

Agree. I have 4 step kids..and they suck the everything out of me...after all I have given to them.

champ05's picture

I feel your pain as far as doing everything and not being appreciated. I am dealing with a crier myself. My 14 y/o SD has not liked me since her dad & I started dating seriously. She will hug on everyone & pretend to be sweet as can be in front of everyone. When no adults are present, she yells at my 15 y/o BD, she yells and doesn't do anything for her 6 y/o blood-sister. She will take anything I say out of context & call her BM crying, acting like the victim, saying she does not want to be at our house with me. I have bent over backwards for her. I am the only one of the "parents" that have attended all of her games for sports.

The last straw was recently. Her & my BD argued & I went home to try to calm things down. I made sure not to raise my voice & spoke calmly. I told them that we have a problem with respect in this house & cited examples. She took one of the examples & called her BM crying & saying how mean I was. BM called the dad & he took her side saying I should not have said anything. FYI....I am the one who is w/ the kids the most. I see them everyday, neither parent does. The 14 y/o SD wants to be like her drunk, partying mom & never wants to be w/ us, even before this happened.

I have decided to move out w/ my BD because I am scared to say anything to her. If she could take one thing out of a calm, productive (I thought) conversation, there is no telling what else she will do.