You are here

Full custody?

Melanie Christine's picture
Forums: 

My boyfriend has residential custody of his son, his ex told him he could have their son if she could have all their wedding gifts (classy, I know). Lately she has been threatening to take the child away from him, just because she is a spiteful bitch. I'm not sure who to ask or how to find out what he can do to ensure she cannot take him away from him. She is bipolar and suffers from depression, she is prescribed medication, but she does not take it. She's out of her mind and acts like a psycho. I want to be able to give him some peace of mind. I know he cannot keep her away from their son without proof that she is an unfit mother, but I am wondering if there is anything he can do to make sure she does not get residential custody of him.

youngmama1b1g's picture

Whats the CO?
If there is none, start a log of when son comes and is with his mother, this way when you go to make a custody order, it wont be an issue.
He can say he just wants something in writing so there's no confusion about things and custody isnt the same as support.