Annulment

Kate2007's picture
Forums: 

I need to get out of my marriage. Does anyone have any information on annulments in Canada? Or any advise on how to go about this with limited effect on my SD? She's already gone through her parents divorce and her mothers breakup with live-in boyfriend.

Orange County Ca's picture

You could have done this:

The task of ending a marriage can be very difficult, especially if you are trying to get it annulled. If you live in Canada, you can obtain an annulment, dissolving your marriage. An annulment ends an invalid marriage based on a couple of factors, such as one spouse is already married, it was a shotgun wedding, lack of mental capacity or the husband or wife is under the age of sixteen.

www.ehow.com/how_6700620_annulment-canada.html#ixzz1v52eiwn2

Which one works for you. Probably the lack of ..... would be the easiest to prove. No insult intended its just the easiest one. Since there are no unwounded children in a divorce this kid will either be twice wounded or extatic to see you go.

Don't marry a women with kids. Period. Especially with this on your permanent record.

aggravated1's picture

Sorry, but I was an "unwounded" child of divorce. There are actually quite a few of us out there.