You are here

In trouble for saying "no" to coffee for a twelve year old

busyBhive's picture

Another day and more amazing antics by the psycho-crazy ex-wife. My SD12 had some coffee at a funeral home yesterday and was then dropped off at our home after visitation (great aunt had passed away). Not a big deal except little miss hypo-chondriac started complaining about stomach craps and wanting to barf. I said that there was probably too much caffeine in the coffee she had made herself (supervised or not?). Anyhoot of course the magicall texting ubilicus was whipped out and SD12 informed Mom of my comment, totally mis interpreting it I am sure. So today in the recieving line while the ex-wife is having a total break down she takes the time to mention to my hubby that she needs to talk to him about MY disapproval of SD12 having coffe. I am so tired of SD12 "reporting" back to BM everythign that is said/goes on at my home and then getting texts/e-mails or the infamous "we need to talk" from her about these issues. I am at a standstill as to what to do to take back control of my home?! What rights does this woman have in being in our business? In the things we say to the children? I feel like a prisoner of the SD12 reporting in my own home Sad

caregiver1127's picture

Your husband needs to tell her that what happens at your house stays there and then you need to take the phone away from SD12 and get tough with her. Also when the ex says we need to talk tell her to write you an email and then delete it before you read it - your house your rules - she is overstepping and needs to reign it in - she won't do this on her own so your need to help her!!

My SS was sick once and I gave him medicine which I had been doing for the past couple of days and I am a nurse so I do know what I am doing - we were doing the annual (thank God it is truly only once a year I need to see the b*tch and this year I won't have to see her at all) drop off and I told her that I had given SS some meds and she said did he eat and I said no - I had been giving him this medicine for the past three days without any food (he lived full time with us at the time) and she said OMG that will make him throw up - I said nothing except to roll up my window - a week later after he got done visiting her and I and DH visited my family she drove up and got out of the car and in a snit said "well like I said He threw up" and I said "I find it so sad that your son because of the way you are feels the need to make himself throw up because you said he would - I have given that medicine to him for 3 days prior to you without any food and there was no throwing up - so if SS felt the need to prove your right congrats you were right" and I got back in the car. SS got in the car and said to me "See Mom I throw up from that medicine and I said "listen you do what you have to to make your mom feel good and if that includes throwing up all over her car go for it - funny how your did not throw up the 3 days earlier I gave you the medicine without food" That shut SS right up - see right from the start you have to take the control - I told my DH for the relationship to work he had to back me up and I had to be able to correct SS and he went agreed - our situation is a little different we are a plane ride away from BM so I had SS full time for 3 years and thankfully he is with BM now full time and after this past summer's BS I have disengaged completely!!

caregiver1127's picture

I agree but her DH also has to get the SD in check and tell BM to go take a hike -

How are you doing Natural????

paul_in_utah's picture

This happens all the time in our house. SD17's perfect daddy has already sued us twice for "contempt" over derogatory comments that we supposedly made about him. He had to eat his shit on both lawsuits, as they were meritless, but it was still expensive. Since I don't like paying for attorneys, I am **very** careful about what I say around SD.

Roseybird's picture

I can remember an incident that happend in our home. My BS3 was sick and DH was sick. My BS3 had gotten a bug from school. SD15 came over that weekend. Of course, that was a few weeks before she told us she thought she was pregnant. Anyway, SD15 is supposedely allergic to paprika. I've found papricka in her purse/bag on numerous occasions. We didn't go to church that day because son was sick. Anyway, she comes down stairs, lays on the sofa after eating a breakfast sandwhich, and throws up on the floor. MY DH gets stuff to start to clean it up. NO NO NO, she's 15 years old. If she can't make it to the bathroom and throw up in the toilet, she has to clean that crap up!!! Mind you - we put the my 3 years old's potty in the his room and he knew how to get out of bed in the middle of the night, go to the potty and throw up in there. Anyway, we found out that she only did it for attention. After she ate, I think she took a little papricka and it made her sick. I mean, I don't even use papricka and it was in front of the cabinet as if someone used it while making scrambbled eggs. I watch things like that. All for attention.....

Totalybogus's picture

See, I think this is possibly one of the reasons that BMs get irritated at SMs. If this was your own child, I don't think you would have made them clean up it up. I think you would have been much more nuturing.

I'm not saying that you should have been the one taking care of this, but I don't think you should have discouraged her father.

You THINK she may have done it for attention, but you don't KNOW. This is perhaps one of those wicked stepmother moments that BMS complain about to their xs and their xs obviously don't have any spines.

Roseybird's picture

SHE's 15 years old!!!! And she sat right in a room (near the bathroom), ate paprika - which she is alergic to, and barfed all over my freaking floor! Excuse me, but if you are 15 years old, and you don't feel good - get a freaking trash can and sit it by you while you lay on the freaking couch!
And YES, I told my husband that she's a big girl and can clean up her own vomit! That's like wiping 15 year old's butt after she poops - clean that crap up yourself. If you have the nerve to take something that YOU KNOW you are allergic to, just to get some freaking attention, HERE"S THE PAPER TOWEL AND LYSOL WIPES - CLEAN UP YOUR MESS!

And for the record, as I stated before, my 3 year old knew how to get up in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, sit down by his potty, and barf in his potty which we put in his bedroom. What enables this 15 year old from not going to the bathroom and throwing up in a toilet - or the trash can that was right by the sofa? Get real!

Roseybird's picture

I am my DH's wife and SM to his inconsiderate bratty ass 15 year old daughter. We don't tell each other what to do? Since we both figured she was faking the whole thing (which she has done number times before) she was going to clean up her mess herself.

Trust me, If I could tell my DH what to do every single time and he'd listen, I wouldn't because that's not how a marriage works. However, I did feel the need that she was old enough to clean up her own mess after purposely eating something she was allergic to.

Roseybird's picture

First of all, my BS is 3!!!!!! And NO, I would not make my son clean up his vomit at 3, however, I would think he would have common sense to know AT 15 that if he's about to throw up he should grab the trash can that's sitting right beside him versus just spitting up on the floor just because he wants that extra attention because daddy was tending to the other sick child in the house!

SD15 is 15!! What about that you don't understand? And heck no, I wasn't going to clean it up and neither was husband. She shouldn't have ate the paprika - foolish child. And for the record, DH confiscate the paprika from her one time before. What do you want us to do, take EVERYTHING that can harm a 15 year old that she knows she can't have, and remove it. For example, should I remove the bleach, detergent, hair spray, etc from our house as well just because if swollowed, they can cause harm as well???? I have a few recipes that require paprika but haven't made it in a LONG time. That's why I find it hard to believe that after she barfed, and I went in the kitchen to grab me something to eat, I noticed the paprika in the front of the cabinet. If you want to take the paprika and then barf all over my floor, CLEAN THAT $HIT UP YOURSELF.

And I tell you one thing, you better believe SD15 learned from that. Now, she uses the trash can or the toilet.

Totalybogus's picture

It really isn't the same. Sometimes there is little to no warning when someone gets sick. Boy at 15 if my stepmom was that way, and my father was that pussy whipped, I certainly wouldn't be visiting him.