You are here

Stepparenting Research... CAN U HELP ME?

tilly's picture

Hi everyone!

Are you a STEPPARENT?

YOU COULD HELP ME!!

Would you like to be involved in a study investigating the trials and triumphs of parenting?

I'm a stepmum of a 10 year old boy. I have been his stepmum for 6 years now and he now lives with his dad and I full time. We are very close but sometimes it is very difficult being a full time stepparent.

Since I became his stepmum 6 years ago I began to see the differences (positives and negatives) between being a stepparent and being a parent of a biological child. You come up against different issues that biological parents do not experience. Therefore, I decided that I would study stepparenting when I reached postgraduate level at uni (at that stage I was still only in first year studying psychology).

SO...now i'm a psychologist and doing a PhD in psych at Deakin University (Melbourne, Australia). I'm currently doing research into the differences between various family structures, such as biological families, stepfamilies, and families with disabled children.

My current study is an online questionnaire inquiring about parenting, family living etc. So, if anyone would like to be a part of my research I would be very appreciative!!! You can either PM me or drop me an email at tus@deakin.edu.au if you are interested or would like the survey link.

Your time and help with this research will be GREATLY apprieciated!

Smile tilly.

tilly's picture

Thanks for your reply!!

The link to my questionnaire is:
www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/parenting

All the relevant information is presented before you begin the survey so you can have a read through first. The questions are related to parenting, family interaction, child rearing etc. It is completely annonymous and confidential.

Your time and help with this research is very much appreciated!!

Thanks again.
Tilly

Imustbcrazy's picture

Will you provide results to your study when it is complete??? I am curious what you will find.

Daddys Gurl-

Life is as sweet as you sweeten it.

tilly's picture

Yes! the results will be available on the same website as the questionnaire when the study is complete. You may also obtain a copy of the results in writing from the address shown on the information sheet presented before the questionnaire. I'm also very curious as to what I might find...Hopefully something very useful for families!

Tilly.