You are here

A plan to have better weekends from now on.

miss hideaway's picture

In previous post's i've described what my weekends are like when SS4 comes round, HELL! not just for me but for my DS7 too. My Bf's n BM's lack of parenting and me trying to do their job has made me miserable! and my DS weekends horrible.
My plan A for changing that starts TODAY! I spoke to my BF, sat him down and made him listen, i explained AGAIN ~ How much the weekends are making me and my DS miserable ~ that he must do more! noticing the stress over the weekend and wanting to change it but not doing a damn thing about it through the week is NOT exceptable anymore, just because he doesn't see his son Monday to Thursday does NOT mean he is helpless ~ No longer is my son leaving his own room because of his sons behavior - SS's behavior is no longer my problem and i aint doing a damn thing about it anymore ~ if it doesn't change then he will either have to go somewhere else on the weekend or move out. The most important thing for me that i told him yesterday was ~ "This weekend me and my son are spending time together, you and your son are leaving us alone! We are spending our weekend the way we bloody deserve to"
I hope that my BF see's how serious i am over this because it has affected our relationship and i've purposely let it just so he see's, I dont kiss him, i dont hug up to him, i dont hold his hand, i am purposely pushing myself away so he WILL notice what it's doing to us and also it's for my own sake, if things don't change, its easier to end something I've pulled away from.
Whatever the outcome i'm disengaging from SS and that too starts today. The only concern i have have with disengaging, its all fine me doing it but what about my son? he has to share a bedroom with SS on the weekends, we cant afford to move, how can he enjoy spending time in his room with SS being there? and if SS starts kicking off, what can i tell DS to do? Kick SS out of his room? i dont want to cross the line between disengaging and just nastiness you know.