You are here

Once again, BM gets her way

Austen's picture

by being passive-aggressive.

She says she'll have to leave the SKs -- 9 and 12 -- home alone one day because she doesn't have child care. In essence, forcing us to find them care and then not even showing up on time to pick them up (as she did to me all year!)

I am so sick of this. But what can we do? We either allow them to do whatever they do over BM's house, alone, or arrange for a family member to watch them and let her pick them up whenever she gets around to it.

Disgusting excuse for a mother. I can't count how many times she has pulled this. Anyone else have this problem?

privy's picture

Yes, last year.

EX-W wanted her kids on the weekend of her birthday. My husband agreed. The following month he wanted them for his b'day and she refused. Nothing surprising. We celebrated his birthday when the kids were with us.

We did not have them on Valentine's day so we planned. Kids call us and asked why we did not pick them up which the Ex put them up to it. And to which we confirmed that it is not our week since they were with us last weekend.

Ex-W calls and says she has in her email since my husband wanted the kids on his birthday. (she pulls this one all the time on his since he does not like reading her long emails to him sometimes, 2 or 3 each day and everyday. Anybody goes through this as well ? ) He responded saying her email confirmed that she refused and that he already celebrated his birthday with them.

She knows every details of this since she will ask the kids every details. Boys are in their mid and late teens and they tell her everything. She said she agreed and sent an email which my husband ever received. Also, if she did not get a response, she will email or call untill she gets a respond. She did not do it this time.

She then said that she has to go to the emergency becos she is not well and they might admit her. And she is a afraid of leaving the boys alone. Basically, she wanted the kids to come to us that weekend without knowing the fact that she might nor not be admitted. For some reason, my husband said, well, let us know if it happens.

Ex calls again this time saying that if she did not get admitted she might go for a function with her boyfriend and she might be coming home late. My husband said, we come home on time if the kids are with us. So, please do the same and hung up.

Ex calls again, this time says, she is going out of town with her boyfriend. My husband said, we have plans and she should have discussed about it instead of pushing it on us and hangs up. (FYI :Ex will not tolerate if my husband is 2 minutes late picking up the kids. He panicks so much so as not to deal with her. Here she is pushing this on us. )

Ex calls again - and says, the boys say that they can stay on their own at night and she is going with her boyfriend out of town !!.

She knows we will never allow the kids to be on their own at night since our younger son was only 12 years old and the oldest 15 years old and they live in a mobil park home.

She got her way. We cut short our night and had the kids with us while she went away out of town (not sure how far that is true now after all the above) Also, her first excuse was she does not want the kids to be alone but decided to leave them anyway to be with her boyfriend.

She is suppose to have mental issues but single handly worked on her current divorce, her parents divorce and a legal case with us asking for child support after deferring it. 3 legal cases at one go.

She inherited some money from her divorced dad who is deceased and did not want child support. My take is after she runs out of funds, she will probably pull another legal case to ask for back child support. For if she is not happy, my husband and I cannot be either. And she pulls everybody down the mud with her.

What do you think about this ?

Orange County Ca's picture

Call the cops the next time they're alone telling them you're a concerned neighbor worried about a 9 and a 12 yo child left alone.

First your husband tells his ex that he can't cover for her this time and he feels comfortable leaving them as so-and-so is 12 now and old enough. That should throw the blame to a anonymous neighbor.

There's an exception to everything I say.

Austen's picture

I like it!