You are here

Just venting about holidays...#2

RST's picture

#1 before the holiday...

I've been with SO for nearly 8 years, apart from 2 long weekends we've always taken SD15 away with us, not my choice, this is due to SO feeling guilty if he doesn't include her which is for a totally different post!. 

We've just returned from a break during which SD told us that her BM & partner are going on holiday without her again, I've heard all this before but this time it came with an excuse...BM booked the holiday but didn't realise it wasn't during the school holidays!  Such an absolute load of rubbish, if she'd booked it by mistake thinking it was a school holiday it would be booked for 3 people not 2 and my SD's school releases all holiday dates a year in advance.  I realise from SD's point of view she could be hurt by being left out by BM again so made up the excuse or that this is actually what BM has told her but either way it irritates the hell out of me that BM always plays mother extraordinaire but doesn't seem to want to spend much free time with SD.

#2 what we know now...

SD came to us early last Saturday asking if SO could drop her at her friends house on Sunday as BM was flying out that morning, of course no problem.  The story changed on Sunday morning, BM wasn't flying out on Sunday she was flying on Monday but had arranged to do something else that day which of course didn't include SD.  We had hoped SD may spend time with BM this weekend before they go back to work/school seeing as they won't have seen each other for a week (when BM has wanted to put a spanner in the works for SO spending time with SD during holidays she says she can't go so long without seeing her), but no.  SD told SO last night her BM gets home late on Friday but she'll still be coming early on Saturday and may be staying for the long weekend, it's a Bank Holiday here, and go back late on Monday ready to go to school on Tuesday.

Just needed to get the absurdity of it in black & white so it doesn't fall out of my mouth at an inopportune moment!

sunshinex's picture

Same here. As a BM im so looking forward to taking my lil boy all over the place! I wanna see the world with him Smile my SD, on the other hand... I’ll be planning trips for summer when she’s with her mom lol we mostly go places to visit my family anyways so she can visit hers while BS visits his!