You are here

I am so confused all the time!!!

karjam407's picture

I love my step-daughters so much! They are quirky, annyoing, loving and sometimes so much like their mother (that I cant stand to be near them!) I had my youngest SD8 tell me that she sometimes has to take a pill because her butt hurts and that her bad area hurts, when I asked her why? AND if anyone hurt her and did she tell anyone, she says no because her mom told her that if she told anyone they would take her away from her mom! WTH is that? Why would she say that? What the hell am I supposed to do with that information? I feel sick to my stomach and I am at a loss for words. Any Ideas?

justperfectlyflawed's picture

Talk to her dad--your SO...ASAP....this needs to be taken seriously and she needs to be checked out. Even if this is just the kid acting out...god forbid it is real... Praying!!

karjam407's picture

I have talked to the hubby and he was pretty disturbed by it.. I think he is at a loss as well. Bm goes through about 4 Step Fathers a year. Sorry but she is NASTY!

karjam407's picture

I know! Thats How I feel as well! I just dont know how to go about it the right way. The BM called us in on sexual charges against my 3 year old DS. ALL because she thought we were dating when they were married. (which we were not) Of course they took my son and the eldest for questioning and nothing came of it. They realized that, it was BM being stupid and making waves. I dont want to make trouble for anyone, but I feel like something is wrong here..

justperfectlyflawed's picture

:jawdrop: Yes, checked out- meaning do not make an appointment and wait days and days... go to the local ER or PD. Call and ask what the protocal is if you are uncomfortable.

smartone's picture

However you do it, remain calm in front of sd. Don't even let her overhear anything. If this escalates, she could shut down because she has disobeyed her mother. You have to be nonchalant around her even though your insides are screaming. I wish you the best...

giveitago's picture

That is scary! Especially scary knowing that BM is so unstable!!
Can you and DH take her to ER on your time, the moment she complains of pain then it's only right to take her to be checked out...right? It sounds awful but do not give the child time to react or think too long. You do not have to tell BM until after you have been, let the girl know it's 'confidential' and have a quiet word with the doctor before the exam. If the results are that the girl has been interfered with then it's best BM has no clue until after the results are in. It's a child's right to have medical attention. I think I would pay out of pocket for this trip though! It would be very remiss of DH not to get her medical attention, right? Explain to SD that daddy has to look after her and help make the pain go away. A doctor can tell how old injuries are. My heart goes out to you all.
SD here one time called the cops on her daddy saying he beat her! He did not, she hurt herself and the cops believed her and arrested DH. We talked to the DA, showed her the file juvenile justice has on her (it's three inches thick) and the DA said 'go home and pick up the minutes in the morning.' SD is as unstable as her mother, it's sad but we did all we could.