You are here

Husband Problems with his step children

houstonroberta's picture

MY HUSBAND OF 1 YEAR ALWAYS HAS A PROBLEM WITH MY CHILDREN IT STARTED WITH MY GIRLS HIM ALWAYS SAYING I NEED TO DO THIS I NEED TO DO THAT I LET THEM GET AWAY WITH ALOT THEY DONT RESPECT HIM AND NOW THAT MY 17 YEAR OLD MOVED BACK IN MY HUSBAND IS SAYING TO ME HE IS TRYING TO BREAK US UP IM LOOKING AT MY HUSBAND LIKE HE HE IS CRAZY SAYING OKAY HOW DID THIS COME ABOUT I DONT SEE IT , MY HUSBAND TEXT MY 17 SON WHILE AT SCHOOL, TODAY AND TOLD HIM WHY ARE YOU COMING IN BETWEEN YOUR MOM AND ME AND MY SON CALLS ME AND SAY WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT. I HAVE NO IDEA, I TRY TO PUT MY HUSBAND FIRST IN SOME THINGS AND PUT MY KIDS FIRST IN SOME THINGS SO I CAN BALANCE IT OUT, WHAT I'M GETTING OUT OF IT IS THAT IT ALMOST FEELS LIKE HE DONT WANT MY CHILDREN HE WANTS ALL MY ATTENTION AND THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN AT ALL MY CHILDREN NEEDS ME AND I WILL GET A DIVORCE BEFORE I ALLOW MY HUSBAND TO COME IN BETWEEN MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY CHILDREN NOW HE HAS A PROBLEM WITH MY 17 SON NOW MY HUSBAND TOLD ME THE OTHER DAY THAT HE FEELS LIKE MY SON IS TRYING HIM AND HE SAID TO ME I WILL LAY HIM OUT AND I SSID TO MY HUSBAND JUST LIKE I WOULDN'T ALLOW NO ONE TO HURT YOU THE SAME GOES FOR MY SON NO ONE WILL HURT HIM AND I STAND BACK AND DO NOTHING AND HE RESPONDED OH I BET YOUR SON WILL STIULL BE LIVING WITH US WHEN HE TURNS 18 AND SAID TO MY HUSBAND SO WHAT AS LONG AS MY SON IS TRYING TO SUCCEED IN LIFE.... CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ADVICE ABOUT WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? IS MY HUSBAND JUST THAT CRAZY OR WHAT OR IS IS ME?

EOWinparadise's picture

Yes, please and thank you on caps lock and periods. We need more details on why your husband is so upset. Is there a negative history with husband and son? What is going on in the house that makes your husband think he is trying to get in between you two?

Disneyfan's picture

OMG

This grown ass man texted your son~WHILE
THE KID WAS IN SCHOOL~with this craziness???!!!

And he's tossing out threats to physical harm your son.

houstonroberta's picture

Sorry everyone I was upset and angry when I type this message for feedback, there is no need for all the smart ass jokes, I'm really going through something with my husband and if you can't understand my text, well don't read it good day. I can't believe some folks takes real problems and make jokes with them.

Drac0's picture

>He responded, "Oh I bet your son will still be living with us when he turns 18", and I said to my husband "So what? As long as my son is tryng to succeed in life..."<

Let me ask you something. You don't have to answer it here, just chew on it for a little while. WHAT is your definition of "success"? Would you be satisfied if your son was in college and studying trying to get degree or would you be equally satisfied if he was working 10 hours a week flipping burgers?

I drew a VERY CLEAR line in the sand in what I consider to be acceptable as "success". Attending college, military, trade school, apprentice program, etc. qualifies as success. It means the adult child is no longer a child and preparing himself for the real world. If my stepson (or any of my children for that matter) have a goal they wish to achieve and are striving/working for it, than I would support them. It's what my parents did for me and it is fair.

If however, they drop out of school, show no ambition or goals and are just content to sleep in, play video games all day, and work a few hours a week to make beer money, than no; there's the door, have a nice life.

nunya1983's picture

Amen, flipping burgers isn't an ambitious job. So I would say that's not achieving success. If you want to succeed in life you have to have ambition. If we all ate happy that our children work at Walmart/McDonald's/grocery store. Then we failed along the way somewhere. We didn't show or kids that they should drive for greatness. If that's the best they can do OK. If they have a disability that is understandable that they can only work those types of jobs. But if they have no real disability then they have no reason to not strive for REAL success.

WTF...REALLY's picture

Need more details. And man the all caps hurt my eyes.
was able to read the part about your DH texting your son in school about the family dynamics....yup...that is messed up. He is acting like a teenager.