You are here

Horrible Weekend

BMS0820's picture

My friend wanted me and the sds10 (twin girls) to come over for a sleep over on Friday. She has a little girl about their age and said she wanted to have some girl time with me as her husband was going to have a friend over to the house. I ran the idea by my SO thinking he wouldn't want me to do it because it was getting late. He was all for it because he wants to play golf the next day and know that the girls have activities going on to keep them busy. Plus, I planned for them to have another sleep over on Saturday. Well, Friday turned out to be a nightmare because more people ended up coming over (I was unaware of this till I got there but I ended up knowing them). Everyone had a couple of drinks and before you know it, two grown men, with children mind you,are arguing. I was furious. I yelled at them and told them that there were children upstairs playing and that they needed to chill out or leave. I would have left but couldn't because I had the girls and had had a couple of drinks. Thank God the girls didn't hear anything as they were all busy playing. I go home the next day. BM picks up one of the girls for a b-day party. After the bday party, I am just expecting for SD10 to come into house. Instead, BM bangs on door and asks if SO is there. I tell her he will be back shortly from golf. She tells me she is going to keep SD10 with he and SO can get her when he is done. I have no problem with this because that is her right. She then proceeds to tell me that both girls hate me, I bully them, and ruined her family. I tell her not to make a scene in front of kids as SD10 and another little girl are in car. Thank God windows are up and they are talking to each other plus the fact that I did not react to her. I knew something like this might happen since she had taken SD10 to party. I called SO and told him that she needs to go get other SD10 from gymnastics and keep her till he is able to pick them him. I told him to stay overnight as well since he has been on the golf course drinking with his buddies. I told him I did not sign up for this and that she is never taking them anywhere again when they are with us. I ended up leaving on Sunday when he went to pick them up to hang out with my family. I was a mess and knew that being around him and SDS10 would make it worse. I feel like I have been through it with my situation. All I know that being a step-parent is that much harder when Bio-parents are selfish and bitter and can't put aside their negative feelings to get along for the sake of this kids.

Trinka's picture

sorry - but if i were BM i would have had a problem with you having a few drinks and not being responsible when taking my children out.

maybe they told her that you were drinking and she was upset.

sorry Sad

StickAFork's picture

There's an awful lot of drinking and not enough responsibility in this post.

You were drinking when you were responsible for kids. (Someone else's even.) Not good.
You couldn't leave the drunken brawl of a party because you were too drunk to drive. Not good.
Your BF was told to stay the night because he'd been drinking.

No wonder BM was pissed. I'd be madder than a wet hen if my kids were at some adult party while their dad's Gf is getting blitzed and the men are fighting.

twopines's picture

>>>I would have left but couldn't because I had the girls and had had a couple of drinks.<<<

Taxi.