You are here

Filed for support today

EvilWickedSM's picture

I went to domestic relations and filed for support today. Both exH and I should receive our paperwork Friday or Saturday, which will provide us the date and time of the conference to determine the support amount. I’m expecting a not-so-friendly phone call that day.

I also have not heard a word back from him since I emailed him with the info from the insurance company, regarding the checks that were sent directly to him. (I checked with the orthodontist’s office, and apparently this is one of the FEW dental insurance companies that do it like that). I made sure not to make any accusations in the email because, frankly, I can speculate all I want but I really don't know if he did or did not receive those checks. I have paid my portion in full, so the bill that is left is his. I did have that included in the support request so that I’m not held responsible in case he doesn’t pay it.

I guess we’ll see what happens from here. I hate that it has come to this.

In regards to the possible move, my attorney advised to do what I had to do, as far as sending the notice 60 days in advance, and let him take me to court if he wants to fight it. So, that's wha tI'm going to do. Hopefully a move won't be necessary and DH will find a local job that meets our needs.

JacksGal's picture

The insurance company can provide cancelled checks if he did get them and cash them. If he didn't, he'll be told to request a new check and pay the Orthodontist with that money. There's only so many times he'll be able to say he never got the check and he'll be in hot water with the judge if he kept the insurance money without paying the Dr.