You are here

Ex and skid asking to take my daughter out alone.

Maroma1984's picture

Today my sd13 texted me to see what we were doing this weekend. When I replied nothing, she asked I her and her mother could come pick up my daughter who is two so the three of them could go to the park alone. I said no but I felt a bit of guilt. I don't mind my skid too much but I feel like letting a woman that has no rights to my child take her out is asking too much of me. Her sick obsession with my children is really starting to piss me off. Since she isn't having anymore she wants to meet them and hem to meet her.

What would you do?

I just said I could take her up there but I still don't want to make small talk with my husbands ex. It just seems so invasive. I have nothing I want to share with her.

MamaFox's picture

Also, you have to share everything else with this bitch, but not your biological children.

hereiam's picture

Oh, sure, when a unicorn comes trotting through my front door, you can take my kid to the park. Not minute sooner.

Maroma1984's picture

Thanks for the input guys. My step daughter is the one that messaged me but I feel as if it may have been her by her mother's 'suggestion'. I just can't wrap my mind around why they would think it would be okay to take my kid out somewhere alone. She doesn't even have that good of a bond with the skid as she only sees her four days a month. She doesn't even really talk yet other than saying a couple of words and damn the world if I'm going to let my baby cry for her momma and me not be there.

My husband's ex for the most part knows her place. The only time we really hear from her is either when she is dropping off the kid or picking up money. I'm nice to her because she hasn't been a bitch in over two years. Obviously that was the wrong thing to do. I will continue on with my bitchy fucking ways.

What kills me is she's always saying that she can't drive out here because she's broke and now they are making a special fucking park trip. Whatever.

The only other thing is how would you approach explaining this to the skid? Should I tell her that I don't want her mom in my kids life? I think I'm going to make DH do it because that's not how it's supposed to work?

simifan's picture

BM tried this when BS was little too. She actually said she had every right to spend time with my child since I spend time with hers. CREEPY

noway70's picture

So she believes she has the right to teach the skids teachers' children, or to medicate their pediatrician's kids?

Maroma1984's picture

Thankfully suggesting that I go up there too was enough to make them decide not to come. Maybe my stepdaughter is uncomfortable around me. I know she isn't stupid and can tell that I don't love her but I do my best to be the best I can.

If she wants to be with her sister she can when she is here instead of spending all day on her phone.

Until I have to my kids will have nothing to do with the ex. And the first have to I can think of is skids high school graduation.

Dizzy's picture

Not even then. My SD's BM has been told to stay away from me and my BD6, and I make sure we steer clear of her. She has told lies to police on two separate occasions that could have ruined our lives, literally. She has been known to discuss adult issues with SD. Not taking any chances with my BD6, and I think BM is an awful, vile excuse for a human woman, therefore I want no part of interaction with her. I walk right past her at events, don't speak to or acknowledge her. She is a stranger to me and my BD6, and one who has attempted to do harm to our family.

As my DH put it to BM: "SD is not an extension of you. there is no reason or need for you to develop a relationship with Dizzy or her BD."

MamaFox's picture

I actually read this thread to FDH and asked his opinion, he said he didn't understand why I wouldn't want BM to know my biological kids. I pretty simply said

"I share your boys with her and yes even you to an extent because she is your ex, BM will get the back side of my hand before she even attempts to be in arms reach of my child."

"But wouldn't our biological children want to know why my son's have a different Mom?"

"That absolutely does not matter to me in the slightest. I'll simply tell my child I gave birth to her and BM gave birth to the older brothers, and that's all that should be said to my kid."

Then as an aside I explained how I felt about BM. Then he understood.

Long story short, I would snatch BM bald headed for even thinking about a situation like this.