You are here

Anyone else on an every weekend visitation schedule?

bug's picture

I resent it because I never have the opportunity to do anything with just DH.

OhioTeach's picture

No, THANK GOD ABOVE. I would go crazy without that time together. That sounds pretty crappy. How does he feel about it? Sounds like the BM gets the weekends to be single.

ocs's picture

My DH used to be on that schedule years ago.

I think when SD was 5 to about 7yrs old. He loved it- he was single and not really dating anyone.

The SD was more and more attached to him and BM would have none of it. Then it became EOW.

I wouldn't be able to handle every weekend...

SMof2Girls's picture

Yup we do. If we want alone time, we hire a babysitter. My sister has two kids the same ages as my skids, so she's usually more than happy to take them off our hands. We do the same for her.

BM gets EOWE in the summer months.

msg1986's picture

yep we do, I guess the only thing that's good about it is that Dh's child support isn't as high because he's with us more often. before I was pregnant it seemed to bother me more because I wanted to go out and do things with Dh but now that we're married and I'm preggo I don't mind so much. I've always supported the fact that Dh had a son but when were dating I wanted to just have DH to myself on the weekends and not have to deal w/ entertaining a child (I was childless myself and Dh at the time was working out of town) but now Dh is not working out of town so we have all week together and plus we're married so we focus more on family time. If we ever want a weekend away though Dh would just tell Bm we cannot take Ss for the weekend.