weekend

newmommy12's picture

It is that time again...the "weekend"...the every other "weekend". You stepparents out there know what I am talking about! Before my "weekend" begins I just need to vent. The child will come with clothes that don't fit, hair in a mess, no homework and shoes that don't fit. She will cry for no reason, make a mess and not clean up and whine until Sunday at 4 pm. The big one is not coming...should I be happy, probably, but at this point I am just exhausted and it has not even begun!
Hope everyone has a great "weekend"!

kerryann67's picture

I have an idea... get out of the house!!! Leave, run, go to the gym or out with some friends!! Take a time-out!!

Yes, I feel you sister!! Take a deep breath, and think of ways to take care of YOU.

disneymom78's picture

Yes run! go take a pottery class or something, I dont like pottery but i'd learn to make it just to get away!

newmommy12's picture

I definatly go out more on the weekends they are here. It is sad. we used to do so much together and then as they got older and their mother and grandmother infiltrated their brains with more and more nonsence they became much less fun and enjoyable. Now it's drama to the max. I always felt a little lucky because my steps were not terrible, annoying, etc...Then the bad bahavior, the years of "do whatever you want" and the years and years of babying finally caught up with everyone I guess.
We have a 7 month old, and leaving on weekends means not seeing her too much too!
So another weekend approaches...the hubby and I are fighting...I'm filling the weekend, as we speak, with a million and two errands that "need" to be run. A LONG gym session is in place for tonight, tomorrow and sunday!! Thanks all!