You are here

O/T - The way clothing is SIZED!!!

2Tired4Drama's picture

I don't know about anyone else, and I may be showing my "old age", but I am so sick of the lack of a clothing sizing standard!

It's really bad with women's clothing but now I'm finding it's infecting mens sizing, too. Once upon a time, you could buy a pair of name-brand jeans for a man and they would almost ALWAYS fit. Eg. A 32 waist by 30 length would be pretty standard across the board.

I look in my closet now and my own clothes run the gamut from Size 12 to 2X! And my SO's stuff is getting to be the same way.

Buying stuff on line is a virtual crap shoot. Even if buying the same item from the same store, the sized are NEVER a guarantee.

Sigh. Just a vent. Not really much we can do about it, I guess.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

Agree, especially now that I'm rounder than I used to be. I really, really wish for standardized sizes.

blueorblackink's picture

I am a manager at a shoe store and same thing. Size is just a general idea. People ask us to measure their feet so we do. They SEE what the meter says but then start screaming at the staff when they try on that size and it doesn't fit. We don't manufacture the shoes and Nike and Sketchers do not use the meter to size their shoes. We have to explain this.

Also my biggest pet peeve is people who do not try the shoes on. TRY every pair on. If your kids need shoes bring them with you. Trust me even if you can read the tag in the shoe and the shoe fits your kid, your kid doesn't necessarily wear that size.

I own lots of shoes. I wear a size range from kids size 3 to womens 7.5. Yeah, there is no such thing as a definite size.