You are here

Ethnic Slurs

cyberwoman's picture

So upset I am ready to divorce DH. Sitting in the car with 22 yo SS who is listening to a home made CD given to him by his darling mother. One of the songs on the CD is called "Euro Trash" and is full of ethnic slurs agains europeans. I was born and raised in Europe a fact well known to both BM and SS.

Now it takes a lot of chutzpah from a tramp like BM, whose child I have raised provided and cared for while she was romping around with other men, to send these types of covert messages to me.

When I told DH about this his answer was "Honey you give her too much credit" and he couldn't understand why I am making such a big deal about it he was sure this was unintended and an "accident" that BM included this song on the CD she specially compiled for her son.

It just dawned on me DH is either weak or retarded, maybe both but this stepmother abuse must stop NOW even if it takes a divorce.

Am I being too sensitive?

anita...sigh's picture

Maybe, I once compiled a CD for an ex and then he accused me of putting nothing but breakup songs on it. Never even crossed my mind.

I'd let it go.

stepkate's picture

I don't know...not knowing you, your BM or your SS, I can see how this could be an accident on BM's part.