You are here

Dreaded Ex Cont'd

Peace_Please's picture

Sooo, ss shows up with his w and baby girl who is adorable

Peace_Please's picture

For anyone reading my earlier post which didnt post in full...my new dil whom has been with my ss for 5 yrs, she met him while he was living for the 1st year with his bm. They have lived out of province for the last 4 yrs on their own met us for the second time when staying in our home for 5 days. Unfortunately she was afraid to come as her head had been filled with such dreadful stories about both my h and I she had no choice but to ask me questions because she was so deceived. Ex w figured she had alienated both ss and dil that we would never meet? I had no choice but to correct and defend my h and I. My husbands family now knows and cut the ex w off of fb. We've never ever spoken to my ss about his bm when he lived with us!! She left 17 years ago, we never wanted to add to his hurt...dil comes from a very religious family..she told her i broke up their marriage! He was with a woman before me for 5 years and she was the one who left him 17 years ago from cheating...this is common knowledge.

sandye21's picture

Same here. I did not know DH when he and BM divorced - didn't even live in the same state. BM was the one who told DH to leave. I'm not judging her - there are two sides to every story. But when we went to a company reunion, where BM also worked, there were people present who made comments about how I broke up the marriage. I defended myself but still not certain they believed me. BM was also hostile to me, and we had never even spoken with one another.

It makes you wonder why a woman who wanted to end the marriage would have a problem with her ex getting married again.

Hope you can develop a good relationship with SS, DIL and baby girl.

notsobad's picture

Haha, BM went to an HS reunion just after they'd split. They were HS sweethearts and everyone was asking about DH. Why wasn't he there too?

She told them all that he decided he didn't want to be married anymore. He'd left her "high and dry" without any money or support. But she was strong and just barely managing to get by and take care of their two kids.

So far from the truth!

She'd kicked him out, said he didn't make her happy and she deserved some happiness in her life. She also had total access to their bank account, which she completely drained. Plus, he gave her $5K to $8K a month for years!

I knew, still know lots of people they went to school with, including the biggest gossip in the group. When DH heard from Miss gossip what BM had said, he set her straight . She in turn told everyone that BM had lied, the next few reunions were a bit different, not the same sympathy she'd had at the first one.