Question...

The Triangle's picture
Forums: 

So DH and I took BM to court for full custody. We did not get it. GAL stated that it would be too traumatizing to ss (8) because he is really attached. It is joint custody right now. This was in August. Now BM wants to go back to school 4 hours away. She only wants to see him every other weekend. We had to fight her for child support! Is going for custody now a better idea since she is the one that took it upon herself to traumatize him.

And before anyone feels that this is an admirable step for her... she is going to school for hair and going to live with her parents! We have hair schools where we live too!

my.kids.mom's picture

Do you still have the GAL or was that dropped? I would contact him/her if possible and ask. But it sounds like a good move to me...obviously the mom doesn't care if the child is attached.

The Triangle's picture

Sounds good. I believe that she will probably not return. I have been blessed to have come across people that are pretty high up in our family court system. This has all come about recently. Every thing happens for a reason though.

The Triangle's picture

You're right. Who knows what DH wants... Some times I think I do and then I end upp lost. Guess I should start there.