You are here

Tired of SD17 living the "good life."

paul_in_utah's picture

Hey folks, just a quick rant here.

Like many of you, I have a lazy and entitled SD living with me. Here is a typical day for her:

6:50 Gets up after my DW yells "Wake up" multiple times.
8:00 - 3:30 Goes to school. Screws around and doesn't use class time to study or do homework.
3:30 Gets home. Immediately plops on the couch with a bag of chips or other junk food.
3:30 - 6:30 Watches annyoing shit on TV. Constantly erupts in "Butt-head"-esque laughter.
6:30 Eats dinner. Criticizes DW's cooking if there is even the slightest flaw in the food.
6:30 - 10:30 Back on the couch for more crap TV. More annoying laughing. Texting with her
slacker friends.
10:30 Prentends to go bed. In actually, stays up until all hours watching the little TV in
her room, or texting friends. Ends up exhausted the next day due to insufficent sleep,
leading to DW having to yell at her multiple times to get up.

Did you notice anything missing during SD17's daily agenda?

How about studying? Nope.
How about chores? Nope.
How about reading? Nope.
How about watching anything remotely non-juvenile (or gasp - educational) on TV? Nope.

I think Draco said it best in one of his posts a couple of weeks ago. SD17 is living the "good life." She is having such a good time that I am sure that she would never leave on her own. However, I do have a good plan in place to to make sure that she moves on - otherwise, I don't think that I could sleep at night.

paul_in_utah's picture

Oh yeah, I forgot one. Every couple of days, SD17 will yell at DW, "Mom, will you do my laundry?" Everytime I hear this, I think, "Why can't you do your own damn laudry. You do it when you are staying at your perfect bio-daddies, why can't you do it when you are at our house?"

Jsmom's picture

Why should she when MOM will do it for her? Just as guilty of that with Bioson, but at least he gets straight A's and is not sitting on the couch that often. I would make him do his own damn laundry if he wasn't.

imjustthemaid's picture

Sounds like my SD15 is living in your house. Except the ONLY thing she does is HER laundry because I refuse to do it. Other than that, she eats, watches tv, eats, texts friends, eats, watches more tv, pretends to go to bed, stays up all night, wakes up late for school, I have to drive her. And the next day it starts all over again.

She used to get straight A's but is now down to C's and D's!

Kes's picture

Well, Paul, at least you have an end in sight, with your plan of renting out your house and you and Mrs Paul travelling. In a way, I would be relishing this time now, thinking to myself, "Oh yes, you are going to be so dumped!"

Shannon61's picture

Teenage Steps who are living the good life, will turn into adult steps living the good life if you're not careful. I implore upon all of you to make sure you have a "plan" for them to move out. If you have to assist them in setting life goals, so be it.

My SD got her education because my DH insisted on it. However she lived with him and also lived the "good life." She had no chores, drove a new car, had no curfew, her boyfriend slept over and she paid no rent. She worked but her money went to shoes, the lastest fashion and anything else she decided she wanted to spend her money on. This was all before I moved in and put my foot down.

I demanded DH charge her real rent, demanded she be accountable for chores and cleaning up behind herself, demanded she buy her own food and excluded her every chance I got. I also told DH that her boyfriend "laying up" was unacceptable, and demanded it stop. SD got so fed up, she moved out . . at 27. Please don't let this be you! I got her out, but she made my life a living hell before she left! :sick:

BabyDoll's picture

stepmomma83... You forgot to mention the chewing gum that got all over the skids clothes in the dryer because they left gum in their pockets and all the holes that they put into their clothes made by the errant pencils left in pants pockets too. My SS17 who lives with us is "learning" how to do laundry right now. It got so bad I had to make a poster with a cheat sheet for the laundry because he ruined so many clothes I was afraid he was going to "launder" himself naked.

Dannee's picture

How about starting with the REMOVAL of the TV..

Bio or Step....I would not tolerate that...

She is what she is because

She is allowed to act that way!