You are here

Shut up MIL just Shut the bleepity bleep up!

littlemommy's picture

I guess she was afraid my DS and I were having a nice calm morning together while DH worked. She calls and starts pissing and moaning about the Jerry Springer epidsode that is BM and SD(3). I have told MIL repeatedly I do NOT want to hear about it, but she just keeps right on blabbing about how "traumatized" SD is bc BM won't bring her over to see them and that DH won't go to court and drop thousands for custody. BM also filed a false restraining order when they broke up, it was automatically granted bc DH didn't show up for court to contest it bc he could've cared less if he ever saw the woman again anyway, but now MIL says he should get BM's number and try to call her anyway bc SD is more important than the law apparently, even tho that is still in effect and if BM is in the right mood she could easily get him arrested for violating the no contact order :? She then launches into a tirade abt how SD needs to know who my son is and that it's ridiculous that he is almost 2mths old and still has never seen her. Yes I'm sure that is tearing up a 3yr old who doesn't understand at all and a 2 mth old who has absolutely zero comprehension. How about you mind your own freaking business!? He's mine and DH's son, if we don't want her around a kid who hits, and kicks without warning for no reason I think thats our call and not yours.

I was really hoping that when our son was born it would take some of the obsession off of SD, but apparently not. When she was born they bought SO much stuff for her it was ridiculous, they have bought a couple outfits for DS and that's been it, I really don't want anything from them but it's more about principle at this point. During this 30 minute bitch fest MIL went off on she only paused to ask about my son once, and then she just said "what's he doing" umm HE has a name. Then she went right back to talking about "her baby".

vent over.

littlemommy's picture

I WISH I could ignore her, if we don't answer she just keeps calling till we pick up. I literally had 7 missed calls from her in the course of 2 hrs. She is for real bat shit crazy. She has started mentioning grandparent rights, do you happen to know what criteria has to be met for her to get those tho?

briarmommy's picture

I'm sorry to say but it will never end, my MIL is just the same way. SS is her baby and DH and I's daughter is like a second class citizen. Then only encouragement I can give you is that you are not alone and that eventually you care less and less and realize that she is the one who will miss out on your child.

littlemommy's picture

Thanks I know you're right, DH and I just will have to give him extra love and he has my parents who are the most amazing grandparents ever. It's just crap how they love the SK's so much when there is so much drama around them, and then our kids that they could have a normal relationship with they seem to overlook.