You are here

ignorance

Thursdaysarethebestdays's picture

While riding home from school today, SS6 asked me "why did daddy tell the police to tell mommy that we can't live in our hotel...I mean...apartment anymore? It isn't fair that he would tell her that when we were living there for like one year and we had our TV and our beds there and we just had to move out".

Last summer we discovered BM was living in a motel room and that's where skids were spending their time with her. DH had to inform the court so BM could be served court papers. The judge signed a TRO and told BM if she wanted to continue seeing kids she needed to find a more suitable place to live. BM and her parents denied BM was ever living in a motel, but that she was actually living with parents.

I asked ss6 what made him ask this and he said "well there was a pool there and I would really like to go swimming but mommy said we can't because Daddy made her move"

Isn't it amazing that instead of taking a chance to make herself sound decent BM used this as a chance to dole out lies about something that really isn't any of the kids business. BM could have said "well, I thought it was time for us to move into a house" or "I felt like you guys needed more space" or "I wanted to be closer to your school". Heck, BM could have even just said "I wanted to move and that's that.

But no, she tells the kid, "your dad called the cops and made me move". I'm not sure what she's trying to accomplish here.

Ugh is right! I know its a long shot, but I hope the courts will take this mess into consideration. BM is currently fighting for half time with skids despite the fact that she walked away from skids and DH 3+ yrs ago and would only see skids on Saturdays up until about 9 months ago.

realitycheckmom's picture

She is trying to make daddy look like the bad guy and doing a good job of it too. I hate that BS.

Exactly! That's why I don't understand what she's trying to do. First of all, she went to court and denied ever living in the motel, but then tells the kids "daddy made us have to move"...the kid even slipped up and called it that...the oldest kid said "yea those budget suites apartments". Ever since we learned of where she was staying I've wanted to make it clear that Budget Suites is not an apartment complex.
Second, she was "forced" to move from a motel room into a house. I'm not expecting a thank you...but dang!!! You're welcome!!

I can't stand her!

realitycheckmom's picture

Maybe she has to pay more in rent but when I worked at Disney I would go past all these motels where people lived and rented weekly and at the advertised rates it really wasn't all that cheaper than what I paid in rent at the time. Then on top of that I had utilities that they did not but if you worked the rent out per square foot I came out the winner. Who wants to live in a motel room and have everyone on top of each other and not have your things.

People still do it here in Podunkville and the crazy thing is these are motels from the 1950s with no renovations and no pools. What the hell is the draw? Renting a mobile home would be more updated and here you have to provide your own stove and fridge but jeez someone was selling an old electric stove for $20 yesterday on the local buy/sell page.

Usually crackheads and dealers live in these motels too, who wants to be around that? GET A REAL PLACE TO LIVE.

I agree, she probably does pay more in rent, although I'd be willing to bet its her parents who pay so the court stays out of that issue. But it was her choice to move from motel to house. She could have gone to her parents, which is where she claimed she had been staying all along. She could have gotten a reasonable apartment, I mean she has skids every other weekend and they were already living in a one room suite, so the apartment wouldn't have to be huge. But she chose to try to live beyond her means.

So DH gets dogged for her choices

You are so right. I think I give BM too much credit.
Not only that, but she does things like this and then she'll go off the radar for a while. So she always seems to catch me with my guard down. I'd hate to live a life on edge just because she's got issues. But that may be the only option.

luchay's picture

this is what I was thinking.

NOW they may ne buying it all, but as they grow up they WILL realise.

I sure hope you two are right. I've been trying to convince myself that one day the kids will see. But I mean, she's their mother and in their eyes, she can really do no wrong. I feel like it will only get worse as the kids get older. Sad

I guess you're right. I'm not actually surprised by BM behavior in general. But I am shocked that DH was the target this time. Usually I'm the target.

And I guess what I thought shouldn't have been any of the kids business is fair game for BM.

Frustrating.