You are here

" I HAVE ASPERGER"S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Timetogiveup's picture

Last Bitch of the day!

Last night was a rough one.

Background: BM turned here house into the bank in Feb, she moved out of the school district but got an “out of bounds” for SS16 (aka Stink), she dumped him on us because she can’t get him to school. Dh drives him in the morning, I pick him up. It’s a 25 mile round trip…50 miles a day s just to get this kid to school! The last Wednesday of every month is a half day. Tuesday, it was confirmed Stink has Asperger’s.

I didn’t know Stink was behind be when I noticed that I made a dr’s appt for 1pm on Wednesday, the half day. My dr is a few blocks away from the school, I didn’t realize when I made the appt it was a half day. I made a comment about this. The last few years it wasn’t uncommon for the kid to miss these half days…..let’s face half days are not productive. The school gets out at 11:15…I’m not sitting in the dr’s office until then and I am NOT driving up there 3 times in one day.

Stink started to scream….YOU HAVE TO TAKE ME TO SCHOOL ON WEDNESDAY…..I HAVE ASPERGER’S AND I HAVE TO BE ON A ROUTINE!!!!!!!!!!!! He was really pissed and turning red. I said, well I didn’t always take you to school on these half days. He said that was different because I didn’t have Asperger’s then. WRONG....you were born with it! Honestly, I was going to change the appt, but the kid pissed me off…I’m NOT going to be held hostage. Then he said we are having a math test…..I asked him if he wanted me to call the teacher. He shut up.

DH said I’ll go get him. I reminded DH that he will be out of town. I suggest that he called BM…..right away she couldn’t. Then we get back to why is this issue, he stayed home before…..he played the Asperger’s Card once again. I just said….you live in our world you have to learn to deal with it. I don’t know what else to do.

Dealing with this kid was pretty bad before and I was having serious issues with it….I’m not gonna play the “ you have to do what I say because I have Asperger’s game” with him. Maybe DH and BM does, but I ain’t going there.

This kid is an f’ing monster.

VAStepMom's picture

Next time he hollers he as Aspergers... tell him well..... I HAVE "HADIT"!!!! So, what shall we do ABOUT THAT?

Mamamo's picture

What a crock! Don't let this kid wear you down. He had this before and hes playing pity party. I dont care what kind of disability you have it does not give you the right to treat another human being like shit...Tell DH and BM to grow up and take their blindfolds off and realize whats going on. Dont put up with crap from a kid.

Timetogiveup's picture

I just really can't stand this any more....it just keeps on getting worse and worse.

He is acting more and more like his BM. DH is overly concerned about no pissing the kid off. I have just had enough.

Timetogiveup's picture

double

Anon2009's picture

I have Asperger's too. No way do I think people should use it as an excuse. Yes, it makes things different for us. I agree with SS about the routine but I think DH needs to talk with him & remind him that it was part of the routine before. He and SS also need to talk about coming up with a routine he can have from here on out.

purpledaisies's picture

I don't think he should be given anything special just b/c he has Aspergers. I already told my son this. I told him the world will not make exceptions just b/c he has Aspergers. The sooner they get that the better.

Timetogiveup's picture

I agree with you.....my ex was Bipolar and he always use to say you live in MY world and you have to live by MY rules. NOPE. You live in this world and by "these" rules. That's how I feel about Stink being an Aspie. I am the only one who is expected to bend over backwards for him....BM is out of the picture and DH just things the kid needsd ot be kept happy.

I've had it. We are going up to the cabin, the plans were to leave him alone this weekend (he is almost 17 and he have left him alone before)....I hope these are still the plans. I can't deal with DH and SS together right now.

Have a nice weekend.

Timetogiveup's picture

That is an awesome idea!!!! I am going to run this my DH.....well, the getting SSI part anyway!

GoodbyeNormaJean's picture

Lots of people have Asperger's. Google it. Lots of famous highly functional people manage to get by in life pretty independantly with Asperger's. So what?

Jot off a few names of folks with Asperger's who are living their life without crippling everyone around them with thier fit throwing, give them to your SS, and tell him to get his ass in gear. I have sad news. The rest of the world doesn't care if he has Asperger's. If he wants to do anything other than live in a basement yelling to his momma for another grilled cheese, he'll get a grip on this behavior.

Couldawouldashoulda's picture

Reminded me of when I used to work with severe mentally ill people. I was standing outside where the 23yr old was screamng at the top of his lungs and yelled at the residential staff member, "you HAVE TO play w/me you fuc$er, I'm retarded"!!!

Needless to say, I spit my coffee out. Amazing that even the sever mentally ill know what that card is and how to manipulate it?