You are here

Don't know how to thank you all!

collinanderson's picture

Everyone the commented on my last post, gave me a lot to think about. I'm going to be calling me Dad on Thursday. It's time to start the healing process, but I am going to be taking things slowly. I'm done living in the past, it's time to start moving forward, and if I don't do it now, I probably will regret it for the rest of my life. 

I feel like I've gotten the parental gudiance, that I've alwayed wanted from you all. Thank you all so much!

StepUltimate's picture

Glad you found this site, shared, and got some encouragement. A lot of us really care, and nobody can go through this life without some understanding, compassion, and encouragement. 

Notup4it's picture

This makes me really happy to hear!! Life is way too short to live with holding a grudge. 

Another thing you have to think about as well is how would you feel if your dad passed away and you didn’t.... would you live with regret forever? Be upset and heartbroken forever?

He made some mistakes for sure, but what I found in life as well personally is that sometimes when you are young it is pretty hard to see what is REALLY going on- there can be so much behind the scenes that we have no clue about. We can also misinterpret things pretty easily before we have enough life experience. For instance with my own dad I always thought he was just a grumpy jerk growing up, but I didn’t really comprehend how much pain he went through from his own mom abandoning him and then him feeling trapped by my mom. People make mistakes, and people have their own issues in life.

I can tell you are a really good person, and I think you are making the best choice for yourself and also for your dad. Xo

Rags's picture

Congratulations Collin,

I am happy that you came here and received some useful support. Enjoy your re-engagement with your dad.  Take it at a pace that you are comfortable with.  I think that it is important that you are working on healing your relationship with your dad so that you can heal.

Enjoy your life and keep up living it amazingly.

StepUltimate's picture

Collin, just thinking about you and your dad today. I hope it goes well and that you are doing good today. Praying for you to have a healing connection, whatever that may look like.

Best,