You are here

BM grandparent troubles

autismmommy's picture

2007 bio mom/xW cheated they filed divorce. out of embaressment he never told anyone other then his family. Her family thought he was bad dad and had a temper and even tried but failed to help restrict and retrain visits with court order. He could not afford good legal help so he lost . only having 2x week visits and 50 /50 legal and all the debt because she never worked and a huge childsupport payment.

2008XW moved to Ohio from AZ taking kids (dh did not k now any better since she maintained physical custody )

2009DH visit at his cost in ohio 1 week thatshe controlled.
2010 DH visit again 1 week that he paid she controlled. meaning didnt let them be alone with him.
2011 refused him visit cuz new hubby dad was dying. her mom flew kids to AZ for 2 weeks where dad lived and did not tell dad only let her mom have time
2012 refused visits stopped answering all calls demanded more money and buy kids things. again her mom flew kids to az for 2 weeks but this time he found out. he got 4 hours with them.
after that visit we where only dating at the time. I met the children she called and told him that he would never see them again becasue i was every name in the book and not allowed to see her children. So I paid for an attorney and we filed contemp/custodial interference/ major issues

She refused to accept the service.. once she discovered we would win everything she finally accepted it and tried her butt off to beg an plead and bargin to fix it .. too little too late she robbed him of 4 years when she never had permission to leave the state. not to mention she never reported her income and he paid in full never behind. the first hearing was ugly she was fined and warrned adn the support dropped by 500 dollars and was backdated to her start date at her job she was ordered to pay his travel expenses and we got all off track time and she paid all expenses. well of course she flipped out and divorced her husband and moved back to AZ because she refused to let the children visit with out her. showing up after our first vist with the children . So we again took her to court .. but now she was homeless jobless and extreme bipolar since she had angered her most recent husband he gave us all the inof we wanted.

She is seriously ill, she began to fight with her mom since she was staying there she got kicked out so we immidetly filed took full custody and had her put on parenting plan classes and ordered treatment.

No after all the dust has settled. her mother is threatning us with granparent rights..

We let her see them a few times a month but she demands more. she throws money at them buying them crap all the time. that we cannot afford to get there siblings and she innterviews them and calls after every visit well they said this and that and they needd to dress better and you gys cant care for them .. seriouly getting on my nerves.

Now I am and will maintain that the children always have a positive veiw of people i never say anthing is wrong with their mother. they ask i say she is going to school to be better for you be proud of her.. i let the mom com see them as long as she calls first . i am more then kind and i will never be diffrent its not my place and i dont want to be treated like that so i refuse to drop to that level.

I am the one who started the visits with bio moms mother and she is so rude its difficult but i still try very hard. my husbadn is done he want the grandma gone for good i see his point but the children desrve to know her even if it is supervised or something. helpme understand please help

hereiam's picture

You need to research the state laws. Several states do have "grandparents rights" in situations like this.

autismmommy's picture

The GP used to buy them the clothes she wanted them to wear.
We bought them all new clothes but let them choose what they want .. she is one of those always dress them like twins with bows in their hari kind of peole . Where I have one that like skirts and another that like skinny jeans and blue. They are all new clothes in fact they are from Justic, children''s place and PS aripotsatle. I got great deals on them after christmas sales. They have their own rooms with t>V's in them and 3xboxs no tto metion they play sports and are in dance. They seriously are very well taken care of. We have a large house just not like hers with horses and 4 etra rooms and ATV's and crap.. We have moderate living. We spend more money towards activities then on materalistic items.

The Laws in AZ do permit grandparent rights but being that they are not being denied visits I don't understand why they would want to drag us to court. The girls have had enough this last year and they don't need more.

Not to mention if they had raised their own daughter correctly she would not be unstable and sleep around with anything that walks and she would be a better mother and person .

autismmommy's picture

We have let their mother spend nights at our place or clean up there , she elects to party and drink more then be a parent. I do no tthink that keeping her from her kids is good for anyone but rather controlling what they are expossed to . So she visits in our home and she respects our house rules or she leaves and that only happened once. We never fight or degrade her in any way it's no ther fault she is bipolar but its her fault she is not choosing to get better. I helped her get a home and a doctor and even enrolled in school and a job she has been doing ,much ,uch better other then her going out and money habbit neither of those are my place to say anyhting about. We dont ask her for support payments we should but why bother.. it's pretty drama free now and I prefer it that way.. The only issue we have is the GP and it seems from what i gather she has always been controllling of the girls and their mother