You are here

baby steps... i''d almost call it progress

stepmom008's picture

So I came up with a rough draft of the letter that we FINALLY decided to send to BM, letting her know that the constant contact has to stop and that we're very concerned about how SD9 is being raised and that things need to change. I, of course, cannot possibly think about being nice to that woman (and by woman I use that term loosely, and by loosely, I mean that she's a disgusting cheating whore).... where was I? Oh, yes, I sent the draft to BF's parents and they "niced it up" for me because we decided the letter had to be strong, civil, and reasonable or else our effort would be pointless. The reason that I was the one to come up with it is a.) because BF is slightly lazy and b.) he's really only doing this for me because my health is being affected by the stress. I think deep down he knows it has to happen because he's got to stick up for his daughter but he's conditioned himself to just go along with BM for the sake of peace... apparently her peace, not his. I realize that he's being ridiculous but if progress is going to happen, I have to push it along so I'm happy to do it. At least he's being receptive. So anyway, his mother sent back their draft which I edited again and showed it to him. He actually said that it was a good letter! Now the next hurdle is getting him to send it. Any ideas for how to push the issue without being pushy?