You are here

And so the countdown begins..

looking4answers's picture

The skids are coming tomorrow evening and aren't going back to BM's until next Friday. I just KNOW this is going to be a stressful week! I'm already stressing, my stomach is doing flips and it's not even Friday yet. Their last week here was horrible!! I have NO control over anything they do, but yet I'm the one they stay with ALL day! BF says that if Monday doesn't go smoothly, then Monday night he'll take SS back to his BM's. I know this isn't going to fly, I know Monday won't be smooth. I've dealt with it long enough to know better by now. I'm just dreading the fact that I will once again feel like I don't belong here.. which is how they usually make me feel, either by words or actions. I went so far as to try and give them some structure last time. We made a chore list, together and even added in "rewards" based on a point system. Do your chores & behave like you should and you get such n such points.. yada yada. Needless to say, that blew up in my face after a day. I'm out of things to try, and here I go again! Blah!!

PLEASE!! Please let next week fly right by!

Sia's picture

how we always have so much axiety about the skids! I have it too, even though we never see them. Even the sheer mention of BM or skids, and my heart races and I want to disappear! Good luck, and remember to blog here if you need us!

Sita Tara's picture

On Sunday.

It has been a blissful calming peaceful home.

NORMALCY.

I am very stressed at the thought of her return.

"Om Tare Tutare Ture Mama Ayurpunye Jnana Putin Kuru Svaha"
~Sita Tara Mantra

ColorMeGone2's picture

You need to just own your home, own your family, own your life. You cannot show any fear. You be large and in charge. You tell 'em what to do, not ask them, and you do it with a look and a tone that lets them know it is NOT up for negotiation. And when they fail to respect you as an authority figure in your home, then you start taking away whatever they value. TV, video games, computer, whatever. If dad has anything to say about it, then take away his favorite toys, too. Wink

♥ ANNE 8102 ♥

looking4answers's picture

And once in a while it'll work. Other times, the kid just goes into a rage and it makes things worse! But Dad does back me with taking things away when he's here, so that's a good thing, I have a hard time when he's at work. Next time they are here, I'm going to try and tell them what to do instead of my usual nice asking self. I'm hoping for the best outcome!

On a brighter side, last night BF comes home and tells me that he's decided to have the skids stay with BM until Tuesday of next week so we can have a peaceful weekend to ourselves!!! (well, my BD will be here, as always, but she's no issue) I'm so excited! Yesterday I was dreading today and now I can't stop smiling!! Is that wrong? lol Wink On top of that, I have a paid day off, so I'm starting my weekend a little early!! YAY!! Smile

Ooh, and BF actually told me last night that he wants to get married, and he would like to do it before the end of this year. Our anniversary is November, so I'm thinking that may be a good time if we do it. Only thing that bugged me about this is, BF thinks skids should be in the wedding, I would like them to be, but I know how they are and I know something would go wrong. So I would rather them not be there. I expressed my feelings to BF and he said that we just need to be sure they are "prepared" for it and it'll be fine. I see this as going to be OUR special day, I just want it to be a special time between us and not a stress overload with skids.. is it wrong for me to think this way!?