You are here

Never her faulr

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

SheSloth is whining to DH how everyone in guard is mad at her and doesn't like her, ant the captain is out to get her, etc. DH is just eating it up...threatening to go up to the school (which will never happen...makes this threat all the time) and such. Does he forget that just last winter guard she was putting everyone in guard down? Saying none of them should be in there, they can't dance, don't know what they are doing, etc.? And if she talks to them with the same kind of attitude she says anything with around here, I'm sure they all think she is a stuck up snob who thinks she is better than they are! Can't believe DH doesn't see this!

Rags's picture

Lol!!! My kid was given clarity by his 7th grade band director. "You think you are being cute and cool but there really is nothing even remotely appealing about you." The kid was crushed. He came home that day all bug eyed about what his band director had said to him.

Of course my bride made a PTC apointment with the director and as we suspected the kid had a consistent history of screwing around and making an ass of himself. I smiled big and shook that man's hand. My bride was a little cranky about the wording that the director had used with the Skid but she came around once she realized that anything but direct and very critical confrontation of the Skid's behavior was useless.

Oh, I'm waiting for him to march up there and be told by someone else the same things I've been saying! Every time I get the "you just don't like her" I reply back "I don't like how she treats people!"

Rags's picture

The point that my Skid gained some clarity was in 7th grade band when the band director told him "you think you are cute and cool but there is nothing about your behavior or personality that is at all appealing." The Skid was shocked and had the deer in the headlights look for the rest of that school year. At that years PTC with the band director I smiled big and shook his hand and told him thanks for telling the Skid like it is. My bride was not as enamored with the band director as I was.

}:)

Notacelebration's picture

Same thing here. SD has problems with "friends" at school, and it's never her fault. Problems at home, it's not her fault. Problems with BM, it's not her fault.
I always get the, "You don't like her" too, Can't! I don't like the person he is enabling, and allowing her to be. I will absolutely never approve of letting a kid get away with lying every time she speaks, swearing like a sailor, being lazy, and disrespectful, not wiping her butt, and smelling up the entire house. If that makes me a horrible person, the so be it, I'm horrible.
The people that are horrible, are these dads that won't stand up and be a parent. No, they've got to be their child's friend. Never mind teaching your kid anything, just make sure they like you. :sick:

Got some details about the drama! DH gave details unsolicited as he said he was not looking forward to the conversation he had to have with the color guard coach tomorrow.

Story is...the color guard captain is saying that SheSloth tried to break up her and her boyfriend. Color guard coach and band director are saying if there is any truth to it, it is grounds to dismiss SheSloth from guard! So now DH MUST get involved! Thing is, SheSloth has DH so convinced that she is totally innocent that he is screaming bullying! Problem is, that is a very serious accusation! He is trying to say that the guard captain is saying this solely to get SheSloth removed, and he claims that they can't kick SheSloth out of guard for it!

The whole time he is saying all of this, I don't say a word, as I don't want to have a huge fight today. I wanted to tell him that they have every right to dismiss SheSloth if they feel she is causing problems within the squad. I also wanted to point out that SheSloth is no saint! She has been known to talk crap about people behind their backs. She is also known to blow up drama to her favor and not take any responsibility for her own actions. All we know about the guard captain is what SheSloth says about her (again...tends to twist drama to her favor), and SheSloth portrays her as a total b***h. In the same token, I've witnessed SheSloth be a total b***h, as well. I also know how bad SheSloth wants to dethrone the captain, and was really pissed when she didn't make officer! Girl is capable of anything!

So we will see what happens tomorrow. Will DH actually talk to the coach? Will the coach report that SheSloth has been causing drama all season?

ChiefGrownup's picture

This attitude is all too familiar to me. Lately I've begun pointing out to him that the arithmetic doesn't add up. Every single kid in school is either "exceptional" -- those are the polite and responsible ones, the achievers. Everyone in school not an achiever is a lousy, rotten, mean, wildcat -- those are the ones responsible for all of SD15's failed group projects, her lack of friendships and social skills in spite of her brilliance and charm.

I've told him every single kid since 1st grade cannot be to blame for her failed group projects. The law of averages says that at least some of the time she will be assigned a group with at least one or more good members in it.

The flip side is every single kid who is performing better than her in all possible ways (that is, all kids not currently in jail or assigned to alternative schools) cannot be "exceptional." What they are is the "norm." SHE is the exception.

Do the math, dad. Is it really likely every single girl on the squad plus the coaches have random hatred for your kid? Is it possibly more likely your kid is the common denominator to all these situations? Is it possible that 4 divided by 2 = 2? Is it possible that 8 divided by 4 = 2? Dad, can you see that big "2" tattooed on your kid's forehead?

Exactly!!! This guard drama is in its second year. All last year, SheSloth claim the captain didn't like her...the squad didn't like her...the captain is out to get her. He even quit for like 2 weeks because she just couldn't take it any more! This was in the middle of winter guard season last year. When SheSloth just sat around the band hall (because she does not play an instrument, and too late in the year to change classes), the band director made her go back to guard. So she had to go back, but wasn't allowed back in the show, and was all mad that they ended up going to state after she quit, so she couldn't get her letter jacket! The day the band lost the area competition causing them to not go to state, that is all SheSloth went on about..."I'm the only vet without a letter jacket, and because certain people in the band don't care enough to get us to state, I still don't get one!" I mean, she was being a total brat that night, and talking all kinds of crap about the band itself! This was just about 2 weeks ago!

Anyway, when SheSloth went back to guard after her little fit last year, she said since she couldn't do the show, she was just going to work on her officer tryout routine. She said she was going to take over as captain, then everyone would have to do what she said! Those were her exact words! When she didn't make captain or lieutenant, she was not happy at all...especially since the same girl made captain.

This year, I've witnessed her being a brat with regards to guard. During one home game, the squad was stretching together. SheSloth was over talking to a friend, and when the lieutenant got on to her about it, SheSloth turned and told the friend that she was tired of the officers thinking they could boss her around, and ignored them. She continued to talk to her friend after being called over to practice tosses with the rest of the rifle line. We were down there because DH wanted to get pictures of her practicing...but she wasn't while the rest of the squad was. If that is any indication of how she acts during practices...I even noted when looking at phone records last week, that SheSloth is doing a whole lot of texting when she is supposed to be at practice.

So DH may get an earful tomorrow from the coach. I hope he does, and I hope he realizes that SheSloth has been lying to him for some time now!

Rags's picture

Ahhh, the old common denominator speech. My dad was a master at the common denominator speech. "Son, if it happens once fine. That is unfortunate. If it happens again, maybe it is a cooncidence, but if you have the same outcome more than twice you have to ask youself what about the situation has remained the same. That is YOU. You are the common denominator. What are YOU doing to make it turn out poorly."

As for the 2 tattooed on SD's forehead. Is that 2 as in #2 as in POS? Wink Biggrin Love it.

I thought about it...I've been reading another thread and it got me thinking...the big reason DH wants SheSloth in guard is that it keeps her here. I think he is afraid that if she loses her place in guard, he loses her. I say good ridden, but he doesn't see it that way obviously.

And CheifGrownup hit the nail right on the head! I mean, when SheSloth lived with BM, and was in dance in middle school, it was the same crap! This girl was out to get her, that girl was out to get her, they didn't like her because she was so much better than they were...they were just jealous. Back then, there was a drama about SheSloth supposedly sending out some nude pictures of one of the other girls in dance. They couldn't pin it on SheSloth because the pictures were not on her phone, so she got off, and of course DH bought her story that the girl was lying on her to get her in trouble.

Here we are...different school, different squad, but still the drama surrounds SheSloth. Seems to me, no one is that much of a drama magnet, unless they are the antagonizer! Am I really the only one who sees this, regardless of how innocent SheSloth tries to play? I'm really hoping DH follows through this time and talks to the coach! Why would SheSloth even say anything if she caused this? Because DH has a history of not following through! He has said more than 100 times that he was going to call the band director or march down to the school over the color guard drama since the beginning of last school year, and never has. So, she knows she is at risk of getting kicked out of guard, and needs to quick play the victim so dear daddy feels sorry for her, and she is banking on him not following through with talking to anyone. She thinks he will blindly take her side again, and poor baby, had the one thing she "loves" taken away from her. I so hope he calls her bluff and finds out some truth about the dear princess!

So, just as I suspected, DH did NOT call the color guard coach. I asked him point blank if he talked to her, and she said, "She didn't call." What? I asked him if she said she would call, and he said no...that he told SheSloth to tell the coach to call him! OMG! Really? I'm sorry...I couldn't help it...I let him have it. "You really expected her to tell the coach to call you?" He went on that he thinks what the coach is trying to do (kick SheSloth out of color guard) was stupid. I told him, "Then YOU need to get to the bottom of what is going on! Sorry, but I don't believe that ______ (SheSloth) is 100% innocent in all of this! Have you already forgotten things she said about the girls hear at home? There are two sides to this story, and you can't just take _____'s (SheSloth) word for it! You have to take the responsibility to contact the coach yourself and get all sides before just saying that she is innocent!"

DH didn't sound very happy with me, but he wasn't going to refute what I was saying. I could tell by the tone in his voice. I get the feeling he knows I'm right, but doesn't want to admit it, and is at total conflict with himself. Even without SheSloth's history, he has a responsibility to figure out what is going on when someone is making accusations serious enough to get his child kicked off of what she claims to love to do! That would be like if BS19 had come to me and said that they were threatening to kick him off the football team because of something. It isn't a matter of if I believe him or not, or his history...as his parent I would have been responsible for finding out what really was going on, and if my son were in fact innocent, stand up for him...and if not, reprimand him. You can bet I would have been on the phone the very next day, if not taking time off of work to march my happy butt down to the school! When BD23 got accused of theft by one of her enemies in high school, I was on the phone with that assistant principle bright and early the next morning finding out what happened, and why I wasn't called!

Well, it seems she had gotten out of yet another one! The other girl sent SheSloth a text Sunday with regards to the whole thing. Upset...naturally...and said a few mean things. SheSloth kept the text and went running to the color guard coach with it yesterday! They apparently had a little sit down where the color guard coach told them they have to get along. (insert eye roll here) DH is still saying he is going to call the coach, because the captain has singled SheSloth out for more than a year now, and she doesn't deserve to be captain! (insert second eye roll here)

You know, this girl may be a total b***h, but I also KNOW that SheSloth is far from innocent herself. I mean, the entire time she was telling DH what happened yesterday, she had this smug attitude of, "Ha!!! I got HER in trouble this time!!!" DH even had to tell her at one point, "You shouldn't be smiling about this!" and SheSloth just giggled it off, and bounced away to her room.

I'm still really hoping that DH calls that coach, and he gets an earful of what is really going on! Like I've said before, no one is that much of a drama magnet unless they are an antagonist...and everywhere SheSloth goes there is drama and some girl who has it out for her!