You are here

were skids at your wedding?

rubia's picture

mine wern't. i had met and spent time wiyh them not so much the oldest (sd15 at the time). she hated me at first and i can't remember if she stopped hating me before or after the wedding, but i think it was before.

i wish they could have been there, but i know it wouldn't have been good. it would have been a perfect day excpet that i know dh was sad for the kids and also none of his family or friends came.

the kids did have the choice to come, but chose not to
(they were 15, 12, 9, and 4 at the time). we were only together 1 yr at the time we got married. i had thought we should wait longer to get married and even move in together (which we did at 5mos) but my therapist said if we waited for the kids approval on any of this, it would never happen.

NachoMama's picture

Negative ghost rider....they were not and I didn't want them to be. Although BM DID try her best to guilt me into it....to bad so sad...MY day not THEIRS!

****I can do bad all by myself****

soverysad's picture

She was there. She had a wonderful time. Then she went home and told her mother that it was awful and that she ruined the day by slapping me in the face. WTF?

"A pessimist complains about the wind, an optimist counts on the wind changing, a realist adjusts his sails"

There IS a difference between having a different opinion and being an asshole, find it.

midgette71's picture

I agree and find myself saying WTF often as well. Just remember; usually that happens because they know that BM usually wants to hear how awful of a time they had and if it keeps her happy they will say it. I don't agree or condone the behavior at all!! but that does tend to be the case! That is usually where I end up telling bf he needs to do something about it!

soverysad's picture

I know she says it because that is what mommy wants to hear. DH addressed it and made it VERY clear that lying is unacceptable regardless of the reason. He also made it VERY clear to both her and her mother that if she ever actually slapped me, she would no longer be welcome in my home.

"A pessimist complains about the wind, an optimist counts on the wind changing, a realist adjusts his sails"

There IS a difference between having a different opinion and being an asshole, find it.

stepmasochist's picture

Yes, my skids were at the wedding and in the wedding. They were 6, 8 and 10. DH and I had been together for nearly 4 years at the time so I had been a part of their lives since they were all quite young.

They were very excited about us getting married and very interested in the planning so I thought it was only proper to include them on such a big day for our family.

BMJen's picture

They were both there. His oldest daughter hated me, barley stands me now.......she was in the front row. I didn't look at her once. I was there for one reason, to marry Juicey. Mission accomplished. Wink

Anon2009's picture

Yes, they were at the wedding. They did not participate (their choice) but looking back, we're all very glad they were there.