You are here

Talk about making me sick to my stomach ..

SMof2Girls's picture

I saw an article online about a boy who was raped by his babysitter at age 15 .. she gives birth to a child, goes to prison, regains custody, and then comes after this boy for child support!!

Now 19yo, this kid now owes $23,000 in back child support payments! :jawdrop:

I'm not sure how legit the article is .. but could you IMAGINE?!?! What if this were your SON?!

misSTEP's picture

I also heard a case of a judge trying to give a rapist parental rights to the child his victim had. Where is common sense?

SMof2Girls's picture

I remember a case similar to that .. the judge tried to say that if she were really raped, she wouldn't have gotten pregnant. :sick:

just.his.wife's picture

Florida either just passed or is in the process of passing a bill that makes all of the above illegal.

Rapists are stripped of their parental rights. Period. Does not matter if the rapist is male or female. by doing this you eliminate the victim having to pay child support as well as eliminate the victim having to face their rapist repeatedly at custodial exchanges etc and lets face it, if the person IS a rapist, they really dont need to be having custody of a kid.

Makes me worry though: I can see it getting abused. By vindictive ex- girlfriends who just want the ex bf to pay cs and not get the kid... so they cry rape and his parental rights are terminated by the state...

realitycheckmom's picture

Hopefully a good attorney can prove the other party is lying to keep custody. There will be the obvious question of why was it not reported? Why did you spend x amount of time with the other party after the "rape". Texts, letters, calls, and facebook BS can probably be brought out to disprove and hopefully the judge is not a mental midget. Smile

betterdaysahead12's picture

This is terrible... Why does a 15 year old teenage boy need a babysitter? I wonder if he has a disability, but regardless of that, the babysitter should not receive a penny from him. The boy is the victim and now he has to pay support for a child conceived through rape? I dont agree with this at all... More details are needed, but the details given are enough to question how the justice system allows this to hold up... Yes, rapist should by all means be stripped of parental rights... Digusting if this story is true.

just.his.wife's picture

I am thinking why didn't his parents go after sole custody of the kid when dear old BM was locked up.

They left the kid in state care, which means of course they are going to allow mom to eventually have it back, prevents them from having to pay for foster care of the kid.

I can understand the boy and his parents not wanting the child, as it is a product of rape. But go for sole custody, strip mom of her rights, and let the child be ADOPTED by a couple who wants the kid. Ensures the child doesnt pay for moms crimes (livig in foster care) and ensures the mother cant come after the victim later in life.

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

I was watching a talk show yesterday where a 12 year old boy impregnated a 14 year old girl. The state ended up taking the child and it was adopted. Unbelievable world we live in.