You are here

Really upset with MSD (vent)

abugandabean's picture

My older step kids are great. I am really lucky they are mostly respectful and nice. I have a lot of issues with my YSD but the older ones are awesome.

Today however, not so much. My FDH herniated a disk in his back at work yesterday. Was in the hospital and at the doc today and they said BED REST no questions asked. THey said he can make this a permanent injury if he doesn't stay in bed. Docs even said if it's not better by Monday they are admitting him to the hospital. FDH is a tough guy that works a laboring job and I've seen him do some pretty nasty things to himself and never complain of pain so this is serious for him.

Well OSS is graduating from high school tonight. Mind you he didn't even want to walk for graduation he didn't care about it but BM1 told him he had to.

Well doc said no way to going to graduation and sitting in bleachers for 3 hours tonight. FDH was devastated enough as it was. Called BM1 she understood, wished him well, he called OSS and he understood but was a little bummed rightfully so. Well MSD just called him and gave him shit for not being there. She sounded utterly disgusted by this. Now FDH is just heart broken by his decision not to go (and cause possible permanent injury to himself).

I really want to call her and tell her the world doesn't revolve around her and that he's not just a bank and a taxi and he has real feelings and real pain too. I've never been upset with my older step kids before I really am lucky and I know this will pass but this was a little uncalled for.

Orange County Ca's picture

She's had her spout. Since she's good in every other way let it pass. Tie Daddy down to the bed if necessary.